Ideas on what this med bottle contained

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

texasdigger

Reaction score
Sorry for the double post, but my other thread got no responses to the possible use of this bottle. I am really interested in what this med contained or treated. It is extremely rare, and I cannot find any records of the company/office.

I have spent probably twenty minutes just trying to find a mold seam on it also, but alas I cannot find one at all. I have great vision so that is not the issue, but I truly cannot see it in the neck or body of the bottle. There has to be one to have embossing on a bottle right?

Any ideas on the use or the seams please let me hear them. Thanks for looking, and I hope you all have a great day!

Brad

4B9FC7F821E84B488B4BE893869B0CBA.jpg

Attachments

• 4B9FC7F821E84B488B4BE893869B0CBA.jpg
    4B9FC7F821E84B488B4BE893869B0CBA.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 52

texasdigger

Reaction score
OWD thanks for looking. I am in Cowtown also. Far north cowtown that is. Nice to meet you!

Rick to be honest I think it may have been an early attempt at what a antibtiotic is today. I am sure it did not work though. Or I have no idea what I am talking about.
One thing is for sure though I have never seen a bottle with anything like this embossed on it.

thanks

APOTHEHUTCH

Reaction score
As far as the no seam issue.The neck looks very uniform and im guessing is fully tooled in along with the lip,down to where the body starts.Possibly the craftsman that made the mold for this bottle made the actual mold to very tight tolerances,that when the mold was closed there was zero gap for a seam to form.The other possibly,.that you sometimes see with bottles like pony blobtops etc,is fire polishing.Ive never seen this practice with a med but who knows.The glassblower would take the bottle out of the mold,then he would put the bottle into the fire which would make it very smooth and glossy,often removing tooling marks in neck,pits and other "imperfections"maybe even seams.
Other than that i have no clue.
AWESOME bottle!

texasdigger

Reaction score
I think you are right that the mold may have been made to a crazy high tolerance, but it is the first time I have seen a bottle in many years of collecting made to that standard. Also this is the only bottle I have ever seen with OakCliff and Dallas on it at the same time. Out of the near 60 Texas meds I now own this one is by far the strangest I have ever come across. Wish it was a bit bigger, but hey I am not complaining!

Brad

Owd Wullie

Reaction score
Hey TD,

I'm out West of White Settlement North of I-30 and West of I-820 a bit.

I thought that odd with the Oak Cliff and Dallas on the bottle as well.

It's neat.

W

texasdigger

Reaction score
Right by TMS nascar track. It is an odd bottle. I added enough meds in the past month I have to rebuild my Texas med display to make room. It is a good problem to have! I love building things!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
odd with the Oak Cliff and Dallas

It doesnt seem that odd. It was somewhat common at that time to also refer to the county when embossing rural towns. I can think of several bottles which have the town and county names embossed.
The weird thing is the business name, Pathological Bacteriological Therapy Laboratory. This would have been a very advanced concept for an early 20th century medicine , especially for the south west US.

texasdigger

Reaction score
It is odd for Texas to have it. It is the only bottle I seen from our state embossed that way. I agree that it is an advanced concept that is for sure. I am going to the Dallas library this week or next to see what I can learn.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandaward