identification ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

beardman

Reaction score
is there anyone here that can identify an insulator with no markings ? its brown small inside is threaded. hqvent put the picture on my computer yet

botlguy

Reaction score
I really don't mean to be mean but Come On Jake! How can we POSSIBLY give you any usable information with what you have supplied us. Please wait until you at least have dimensions or best a picture. Jim

beardman

Reaction score
im asking if there is anyone here that can id an insulator with no letters or numbers anywhere on it. :p

botlguy

Reaction score
I know what you are asking and I'm telling you that either Billinmo or myself or others probably can but not with your amount of information. Again, I am not being rude or uncaring, your question is too vague. I guess that I could say after 20 years of actively, seriously collecting insulators that I can positively, absolutely, without question, beyond doubt "id" it (whatever that means) but I would be setting myself up for ridicule if I said that and then could not. The fact is, I have personally viewed almost every style insulator ever made but there is no guarantee I have seen them all or know what they are. Please, and I say Please, show us pictures from a few different angles, straight on from the side, in the pin hole, (I'm assuming from your initial post it has a threaded pin hole) and perhaps a shot of the dome / top. Respectfully, Jim

beardman

Reaction score
i cant post a picture from the tablet. and i cant post a picture unless i start a new post with a laptop. bear with me. the page navigation and compatability with the tablet and even laptop here is terrible.... im working on getting a picture up. i only have one.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
They call it that and other collectors call a lot of other objects that too (ie porcelain tops for wire bail beers)... but they're wrong most times. Porcelain would be sort of translucent and more expensive to make and those generally are not.You know what I mean Jim, just not the best term.Break it and I'm almost sure you will see it's just clay, and not the best quality of that.That's just my opinion.[:-]

botlguy

Reaction score
Eric is absolutely correct, but the name is one of those things that got started and has, unfortunately, stuck. I tend to be a real stickler for correct terminology but the majority rules and I get shot down or ignored. I will say that these earthenware insulators are VERY dense and HARD. I once had a stone drilling company drill a 7/8" hole in a large Multi-part "Porcelain" piece (for a fountain I was making), they broke their diamond drill, cursed me and told me to never darken their door again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday