Illegal Job Interview Questions

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ktbi

Reaction score
Has anyone here ever been asked for their Facebook password during a job interview? Or been asked questions about age, race, religion or other 'illegal' questions. I read an article this morning about this topic and the comments section was full of people saying it was common practice.

epackage

Reaction score
It is becoming very common and I have many friends who have had similar questions asked during interviews, I feel lucky to not have to go on job interviews where this kind of stuff goes on, I want the boss to consider my performance and my ability to make him money and not what I talk to my friends about on FB or here on ABN...Jim

rockbot

Reaction score
big brother c@#P for sure. I know face book is something that is referenced a lot these days. I don't use face book because of it.

ironmountain

Reaction score
even though I'm a tech geek I don't have a facebook page. All of the ppl I speak to through text/email/phone/snailmail are the people I care to talk with already.
If I did have one, there'd be no way in hell I'd ever give an employer/HR person my password. Let alone my sexual orientation, religious beliefs etc...

Do I fit the criteria for the position as far as experience and capability to meet or exceed their expectations. Plus whatever else is standard on a resume/app. that's all they need to know.

Companies are working too hard to pry into peoples lives.

example: Googles new program they're working on for advertising.

http://www.knowyourcell.com/news/1298032/google_wants_to_listen_to_your_calls_for_more_accurate_targeted_advertising.html

We are already bombarded with enough ads daily. Email/internet based email/websites/phone calls/apps etc.. Ad revenue does help pay for a site/service.
Soon it'll be 1984....

ktbi

Reaction score
I just can't imagine the circumstances where I would give up any of that info. Time to rethink working at a place like that.

Penn Digger

Reaction score
F that! BS. I almost got arrested last weekend because I took a picture with my phone of a State Police traffic stop in front of my house and refused to give the gray gods my ID. They, the gov, have gone too far. The less info you give "them" in the interview, the better. Rat b-tards! Now it is not just the gov, but employers with their social media policies and all...

PD

BillinMo

Reaction score
I was just reading about this.

Apparently it's become a trend now to ask inappropriate and/or illegal questions to see how the applicant handles it.

Getting defensive and refusing to answer because it's illegal isn't what they're looking for. They want to see you maintain poise and continue the conversation, and maybe use some humor to deflect. So it would be something like:

Q: How many children do you have?
A: Well, I consider all my projects like children, so at the moment I have at least twelve.

or

Q: Please give us your Facebook password.
A: In my experience, data security is extremely important and I'm sure you don't want people writing down or sharing passwords. I don't have any work history or resume on Facebook so I'm sure you'll find my profile very boring, anyway.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandaward