Illinois Privy Dig - My first dig in my own yard

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
DigIllinois said:
The Northrup bottoms were definitely a bottle of maybe a drinking glass?
Advertising of some sort but they both look different. Jelly jar, drinking glass or something?

DigIllinois

Reaction score
The second privy was pretty much empty of all of the rubble that was found in the first privy. I did however find that they had a dump to the side of the privy which contained some of the bottles. After filling in the privy, I tunneled out some of the dump area. Most of the bottles came from that area. I believe the dump site was larger than I dug but I have some trips planned and needed to get the hole filled in. More treasure to be found later if I decide to dig a bit more. Most of the items that were dug whole: Harry W Giese Pharmacist Bloomington, IL Baird Bro's & Co Mfr's of Polishes Cleveland, OH Larkin Co Buffalo > Foley Kidney Pills Foley & Co. Chicago Lyon Jar Pat Apr 10 1900, I believe this is the lid to the jar? Small Piece of China that is broken and reads Souvenir of Peoria, Ill Small doll that is about the same size as a small perfume bottle Pocket knife that is being soaked in lime away Unknown item (found 3) that say Victory on the bottoms A jaw bone of an unknown animal apparently with a fang?

nhpharm

Reaction score
I wouldn't call a 20-bottle privy dig too bad at all. Some of the privies I dig I am very lucky to find anything at all...

DigIllinois

Reaction score
nhpharm said:
I wouldn't call a 20-bottle privy dig too bad at all. Some of the privies I dig I am very lucky to find anything at all...

That sounded like complaining, it was a lot of fun. I found it odd that the privy was empty for the most part while the dirt around it seemed to be the dump site and contained 90% of the bottles.
MIssissaugadigger said:
Way to go !Nice finds .
Thank you!
goodman1966 said:
That's a wild pigs jawbone, lower I believe. Nice digs !
Very nice, thanks for the info, my old man actually mentioned that and I thought he was crazy, ha!
cowseatmaize said:
Unknown item (found 3) that say Victory on the bottoms
What's it look like from a different angle and what's the Patent date?
These are bell shaped. The patent dates are very difficult to distinguish but it appears that there are two patents. Jun 25 89 maybe? Jun 13 75? Here are some more pics....

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Thanks. I don't see a "Y" so is it just VICTOR? There was an old Victor tool company. I'm thinking sharpening stones for a tool to do that kind of thing.Interesting whatever they are.[8|]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen