Illnesses You Can Get! Watch Out!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

swizzle

Reaction score
Pontiled, By any chance have you dug any dumps next to a cemetary, tannery, or an old hospital? just curious. Swiz

Pontiled

Reaction score
No, Swiz, not in more than 20 years, as far as I know. However, back many, many years ago, at Civil War sites, there were no marlkings or any identifying stuff of any kind to tell if they used the site as a hospital site, etc., so it would be difficult to really know for sure.

I think it's like the doctor had said, you may never know where you got the flesh eating bacteria. I have to agree; it's a real mystery.

Thank God they know about them even down to their many different names.

wvbottlehead

Reaction score
I wonder about the early 1900's dumps. I would suspect the hospitals used the city dumps. Back then there weren't too many options & who woulda thought (or cared) that people would be digging their trash back up in a hundred years?

swizzle

Reaction score
The dump I'm digging now is loaded with cow bones. BIG PIECES of cow bones. But no spine or skulls anywhere so far. Some of the bones are sawed through. I'm guessing that its bones that were cooked when there was big hunks of meat on them. It also looks like nothing but dirt under the bones. No more bottles. Another thing that makes me wonder about this site is the amount of vaccination bottles and tubes. I also found a hypodermic needle without the needle. The bones look like they were all layed out flat and then had the bottles and trash placed on top of them. Anyone else dig up old bones of big or unknown critters? I need to start wearing gloves. Swiz

wvbottlehead

Reaction score
sounds like a Vet was using that dump. I have found lots of animal bones too in a couple of city dumps.

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
I always worry when i open up a bottle that still has food matter sealed inside for 50 years. I get the cap off and the smell is horrendous...I wonder if that can get me sick by inhaling it.....

alan23t5

Reaction score
i had a friend that drank some dried up milk of magnesia after being in the ground for 80 yrs. he turned out ok. he said that it still works.....LOL

GuntherHess

Reaction score
<i had a friend that drank some dried up milk of magnesia after being in the ground for 80 yrs. he turned out ok. he said that it still works.....LOL >

If he is drinking stuff he digs up , I wouldnt describe him as OK, I would drive him to the closest mental ward.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jiharris