I'm about to give up!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jvharp

Reaction score
I have been searching for months on the same piece of property for the "old dump" and have came up with nothing. Lots of 30's-50's stuff coming up but not what I am after. I know for a fact the property was occupied in the early 1800's but I can't find a dump or privy anywhere. I did find an OOOOOLD foundation and have dug all around it to no avail. I HAVE JUST ABOUT HAD IT!!!!!! Ever been there?

craigc90

Reaction score
yes I have been there. I searched a local farm 6 times befor I found 2 small pieces of glass in a ravine. I started scratching around and 6 inches under the ground the bottles started rolling out. I have other places I go back and still have found nothing but a good probe will help.The farm at the end of my driveway hauled there garbage a half mile across the highway and up on top of the hill.Dont give up.

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
It's not the worst thing in the world to give up, and move on to the next spot. Sometimes people burned their trash, or bulldozed it over deep into the ground, or built something over it, you never know.
I tend to be stubborn and look and look and look, and then I'm mad that I used up my bottle digging day without actually digging.
Thats when it's good to have a newer landfill dump available to go to as a back up.

Good luck!
Bram

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohib