I'm on the sauce

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jim

Reaction score
Nice stuff, Ben. The little Keystone bottle is cool. I have a similar sized bottle that is shaped like a horeseshoe and has a big star on it. I know it's old because it's mold-blown and came out of an early 1900s dump. If I had to guess, I would say that those two might be fancy perfume or after-shave bottles. Definitely something you don't find often!

I had a piece of glass slice through my glove on Sunday and get into my thumb [:mad:] Fortunately it wasn't too deep, no stitches and minimal blood. I just licked it clean and kept going [:D] The gloves saved my @$$ or it would have been much worse! Jim

madman

Reaction score
hey mad, right on brother!!! very cool finds ya gotta love diggin in dumps, never no what will turn up, watch out with those cuts ok?? mike

madpaddla

Reaction score
Ugg. Digging does beat up the hands. I go through a pair of gloves every other day. Leather tipped ones, all varieties, its the tips that take the beating. I have tried just about everything. Even the kevlar ones get messed up. Trying to sell some of the bigger bottles to recoup for the cost of all these gloves I buy.[:mad:][:mad:] And peroxide and band aids help also. (pass that on to your wife Warren. LOL) Madpaddla

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Ben, Try diping the ends of the fingers of your gloves in 30 weight motor oil and let them dry good. It helps toughin the leather.

Or you could try to calm down when you find a bottle, take a few deep breaths and slowly dig it out instead of diving in and clawing like a wolf. LoL

Experanced advice from a woman who has been through the same thing.LoL

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter