Indian Queen Bitters ???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

whiskeyman

Reaction score
At the time I was offered the chipped lip Queen for $70.00 I didn't know how common the problem was.
This was back in the late 1980's.

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
That would probably be a deal now.....depending how bad the chipping was. I saw a Queen on ebay awhile back with the whole breast section missing..... I didn't see what it went for....but it did have bids on it !
Brian

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Isn't it strange how the Hobby has changed?
I recall when even a chiggerbite was enough to lose a sale...now, peeps buy chipped examples, cracked examples.etc...(even I keep a damaged specimen until I can upgrade).

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Charlie ,
I try not to buy damaged stuff unless it's really rare ..... and like you I try to upgrade it.
Some bottles are almost impossible to upgrade because of their rarity.
I saw Ed Herrold buy just a top half and one side intact Stonewall Jackson Bitters one time. I couldn't figure out why he did...... Well , I know now....I have never seen another example , not even fragments.
Brian

whiskeyman

Reaction score
I once sold on Ebay a Welch W.VA straight sided Coca Cola with the entire crown broken off for over $100.00...seems it was one scarce rascal.

I just got booted off here...seems to happen irregularly too.

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Great info. and thread everyone[:)] Thanks for the schoolin' - wish we had talked more about these six months or so ago.

The one I forgot to bid on only went for under $40 because of a bad listing. [:mad:][:mad:][:mad:] There have been many of these types of auctions I've let go and forgot to bid on.

Speaking for myself, I'd say it is a pretty good, as far as desirable, reproduction. I did see a few others listed or that had sold then and most were over $100. I just looked for some I had bookmarked and can't find them right now.

whiskeyman

Reaction score
MEECH...good ta seeya. Yes, discussions like this are quite informative...we should work on having more of them.

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Whiskey - I see (from the other board) your puter is working okay for the moment. [:)]

There's always something to learn, I feel. Really, I haven't been doing this (bottles) forever and think of myself as a beginner at times, but I'm catching up very fast by edumacating meself on this vast subject on a daily basis (w/ many hrs. daily). I have no idea how the collectors have gone through their collecting days without a PC and some don't even have good books. Even w/ a PC and tons of books, I'd say the best way to learn bottles the best is talk to others in the hobby and the all important one, digging as much as you can. Not only dig a lot, but dig different areas, cities, etc. and you'll dig different bottles. Another way I've learned a lot lately is by buying some good glass. I was always one of those diggers that said "All of my bottles I've dug myself". That's a good way to miss out on some glass you'd maybe normally wouldn't dig. Researching something that you want to buy, at least for me, usually turns up something to learn. Sorry for the ramble, kinda late.

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Ut oh...looks like we have another "variant."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6195690948&category=890&rd=1

Nl30777.jpg

whiskeyman

Reaction score
profile...this Queen looks kinda "stunted."

Db85789.jpg

Attachments

• Db85789.jpg
    Db85789.jpg