Indian Relics

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Road Dog

Reaction score
This is a Stanly Narrow Stem. It is a burficate type point. This is what these were named in N.C after the county they were first documented.

capsoda

Reaction score
I only have a few arrow points. Most of the Indian artifacts I dig go to my dad. You guys have some very nice examples.

The wife says that I am the only Indian relic she need laying around her house.[8|]

longneck

Reaction score
hey zane thanks for the worry but here's a few of my made axes guys just thought i would post some of my work and they all were made the hard way hope you like them have no true axe finds myself tho thanks

6FE644F8949B42A09B7165279DDB131D.jpg

Attachments

• 6FE644F8949B42A09B7165279DDB131D.jpg
    6FE644F8949B42A09B7165279DDB131D.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 76

zanes_antiques

Reaction score
Hey Joe as you probably already know, most of the larger relics were found when plowing with horse drawn equipment. It would be quite difficult to miss an axe or spearpoint when you might trip over it.
Just think what it must have been like when a 7" Dovetail flipped out of the dirt!

madman

Reaction score
hey zane nice stuff !! heres my 2 cents 4 very nice flints mike

madman

Reaction score
pix

74F202EA84904DE7A30D00268E58AAA1.jpg

Attachments

• 74F202EA84904DE7A30D00268E58AAA1.jpg
    74F202EA84904DE7A30D00268E58AAA1.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 65

LC

Reaction score
Did that many times Ron, guess I was jsut in the wrong area or wrong level. Not much ground turning done in this area anymore, mostly no till planting.

LC

Reaction score
I would like to get up with you at some point in time and do so Zane, haven't hunted any for a long time. Hunters around here always used to tell me to search the second level. Did not make much difference where I looked. There is some very good places around here noted for great artifacts, but as with everything, no one is ever allowed to hunt there.

Niko

Reaction score
Nice looking stuff. After hunting for bottles about an hour with no luck, I started sifting sediment. I was not expecting this, almost knocked me off my feet. I had the artifact bug long before the bottle bug.

DSCN6545.jpg

DSCN6586.jpg

LC

Reaction score
I once went with a Friend of mine to visit his Uncle, who he had not visited in a while. The Guy was eighty years old, this was probably around 1980. He lived on a farm, passed down to him from his Father. He was retired of course at this time and date. We were standing in the yard talking, and I asked,,,, Walt,,,, did you ever find any arrowheads when you used to farm the ground. And his answer was like I heard so many other times from other people was,,, Yeah, I used to pick them up by the handfuls when plowing with a one horse plow for my Daddy when I was a Boy. They seemed to be just everywhere back there, pointing to an rear at the back of the farm. But, then he said,,, would you like to see them, and of course, I said yes. We stepped into a summer kitchen which was built onto the back of the house. In there was an old cupboard, with about eighteen inches of leg height under it. He pulled out a pretty good size box from under it, and I do mean a good size box. This box was full of arrowheads, spears, and I do not know what all, being I am not well versed on identifying artifacts. I figure there had to be at least between two and three hundred pieces in that box, and the smallest piece was about two inches in length up to six inches, and a few others longer than that. I would say there were a lot of small flints as well, but if so they were in the bottom of the box, as I did not get to look that far down. Some were as wide as three inches at their widest point. Yeah, I know, who the hell does he think he is fooling ! I am not trying to fool anyone, this is truth. There were black, red, and several other colors in that box. Every piece I looked at did not have a chip, knick, or anything else wrong with them. To make things short, I came close to having a heart attack when I first seen them. They were just thrown in there loose. I said to him,,, Walt, you without question have a large sum of money laying there in that box. You should take them out of that box, and put them back by layers between cloth or something to protect them from damage. He looked down at the box, gave it a heard kick back under the cupboard, and said,,,, Nahhh, my Nephew will get them some day. And I assume he did, went to his auction a few years later after his death, and there was no sign of an arrowhead anywhere. I think of old Walt and his great treasures every time I see an Indian relic. I figure there had to be one heck of a camp site at the back of that farm, and most likely, there are hundreds of more pieces to be found there, that will most likely never be found, considering who owns the property now.[/align]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28