indian rock ginger ale's wanted

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

steamgas

Reaction score
lc
i just went to the google patent site and typed in the patent numbers that are on the bottle.the bottle is an american made bottle.patent date is may 20,1930. to a carl a.paterson of evanston,ill.the patent is for the design not the color.who ever bought the patent had the bottles made to the color they wanted.usualy clear so the coustmer could see the oil.blue color would make the oil look black,not very apealing to the coustmer.very intresting.
tex holliday

LC

Reaction score
UHMMM never knew of one of those variety of bottles were ever put out in cobalt blue , that's a shocker for me . If it is authentic , I would think it would be quite scarce and would guess it was worth a healthy chunk of change . Sure looks authentic .

steamgas

Reaction score
lc
the bottle looks real to me but i could be wrong but don't think so.
tex

steamgas

Reaction score
lc
after doing some more research on the oil bottle i have found out that it is a repro.sorry if i have misslead you into beliveing it was a real one.but it is a repro.i found severial places where they were for sale for less than $30.00.
tex

LC

Reaction score
I was leaning that way a bit Tex , but did not want to say without being sure , I had never seen one of them in cobalt before . Wish it would have been a good one .

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tasha85