Information Needed

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

f1addict

Reaction score
On our last trip up to the dump we managed to find our first intact amber. While I suspect this one isn't particularly old, I'm not sure. It's missing the usual pre-pro (or was it post-pro) Federal Government re-use or resale embossing so I'm not sure. It was at the bottom of the pit, nestled up against a fairly large rock which is probably the only reason it wasn't broken. If the old adage of 'deeper is older' holds true, this may be an older bottle. I look forward to your collective expertise.

Front view
IMG_8581.jpg

Rear view
IMG_8582.jpg

...and the bottom
IMG_8584.jpg

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I'd have to say pre-pro. The graphics are to good for 60's+. Oh, post pro had the warning.
It could be a bootleg since the American and Vancouver are on the same thing. I don't think BC ever took part in Prohibition. That company may have been well organized if you get my drift.
All that said I actually don't have a clue but it was fun speculating wildly. Someone who does know something may show up soon.
It's is cool.

sunrunner

Reaction score
hi jeff: your bottel is what i call a prohibtion flask,all thu thay were made evan befor 1918,yours probity was made arownd 1920,or so,dominion glass works tronto canada,made hundeds of diforint stiles. all thugh thay are not valued,becau of the lat age,there a cool bunch of flask,and quit colletabul...jim

f1addict

Reaction score
Thank you both for the info. I'm guessing that this dump is post-TOC, which isn't to say we won't find some late 19th century stuff. After all, who throws away new things?

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
You can never rule out a great milk, soda, poison etc.. It's a lot of work to get the few keeper but great fun. Read the peanut butter post.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vladlitski