ink jar with well

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi everyone, found this today. it's 2 3/4" tall, 2" across base, it has a pat. # that dates to 1930. it has a small glass pocket? inside. i believe some one else posted something like this. any information is appreciated, thanks rhona

Zx70011.jpg

Attachments

• Zx70011.jpg
    Zx70011.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 71

Tony14

Reaction score
It was an ink bottle. You dumped it upside down to get the ink in the pocket that way you wouldnt dip your pen to deep in the ink. And yes there have been a couple of posts about this bottle.
Nice find.

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
I have the same bottle. I believe they were patented in 1927 but were used into the 60's. They were mainly used in schools (hence the indent around it). The brand was Skirp.

madman

Reaction score
hey rohna i believe that to be a script ink ive got one somewhere with a label look on ebay under script ink bottles good luck mike

Yooper14

Reaction score
It's "SKRIP" everyone, not "script" or "skirp!"[>:]
Yeah, I'm digging an old school dump and I've found about 7 of those. Neat little bottles...mine have all come out in nice shape, too.
Good find
Tim

madman

Reaction score
lol yooper your right!!! i was trying to picture the label in my mind while typing, skrip got it mike

swizzle

Reaction score
I've dug 2 of those and I was told that they are worth about $2 and to hold on to them. They are a unique ink that'll be more highly collectable with time. The first one I dug up I thought it was a defect in the glass. It was made for fountain pens I do believe. Swiz

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyG1