INKS

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Miles

Reaction score
It's strange on ebay when things go for considerably less one time, then a lot more the other time. For example I was watching an O.P. Harrison's Columbian Ink (Not Umbrella) and it went for the very low price of 20.00. I was kicking myself when I came back and saw it ended, because all the Harrison's were now 40-60$.
I think that sometimes, bottles are cheaper because not as many people at the time looked it up. Or there's something that I just didn't know.

bearswede

Reaction score
I just checked it out... It said there was a chip in the lip, but the photos didn't show it... I would have bid on that one, if I'd seen it... A good piece for repair, well worth more than the $20...

That auction ended the day before the one I was watching, which was a Harrison's with a backward "N" like mine... Went for $92... Still under book value...

Ron

Miles

Reaction score
Did anyone see the moss green harrison's columbian ink on ebay a week or two ago? It was bigger and older than the usual harrison's, and looked earlier.

bearswede

Reaction score
Why waste a post... Here's a cardinal turtle... Dug a few of these in the '70's... Somebody stole one from me once... Bought this one...

Db85227.jpg

Attachments

• Db85227.jpg
    Db85227.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 78

bearswede

Reaction score
Couldn't find a listing in any of my references for moss green... There were a few light or medium green, some for big bucks... What did that one go for?

greenpoison

Reaction score
Miles,

I’ve noticed the unpredictable pricing fluctuaions on ebay too…
I’ve seen the clear aqua J%IEM pat 1865 go for as low as 12 and as high as 50.

I purchased “the cardinal†turtle on ebay for 30$, a pretty good deal I thought…
Then a month later I saw another one on ebay again, but this time it went for 94!!!
Which made me feel like I got a steal.

-Adam (greenpoison)

Miles

Reaction score
I believe it was ultra rare. I watched it, and it had already been over 500 dollars, but I'm pretty sure it settled for about 1 grand.

craigc90

Reaction score
I am posting my ink bottles I have dug with in 1 mile of my house in 3 different dumps I know they are nothing great but I like them. The tall one might be a glue I am not sure. It is marked Swearingens inks and glues pittsburg and the clear one next to it with the flat tooled mouth says Swearingens ink Pittsburg. Both of them have Pittsburg(h) without the h on them. The other inks are unmarked but the one aqua cone ink has a ghosted date of 188? on the bottom. sory no pontils

Nl28544.jpg

Attachments

• Nl28544.jpg
    Nl28544.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 75

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member