INKS

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

angemarie

Reaction score
I've just acquired an SS Staffords Inks Made in USA bottle. My grandfather was a lobsterman and found it in the ocean. I think it's before 1900? The seam does not go through the lip.

diginit

Reaction score
Lots of nice inks on this post. I find alot of common stuff here in Ca. The emerald Carters 1897 cone is my first and favorite.

Hf98499.jpg

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Here is a picture of some of my favorite (tiny) inks that I have dug.

1. Emb. CARTERS INDELIBLE INK
2. Emb. D. J. (pontil)
3. Emb. F, K. (pontil) F. KIDDER ?
4 Unemb. (pontil)

Anyone have an idea of a D. J. ink company? Some of the smallest pontilled bottles I have found.

Cliff

Vt56015.jpg

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Here is a yellow cone ink I dug from mud flats in Phippsburg, Me this spring. Had it tumbled as it was quite sick from being in the ocean water for 100+ years. Unembossed but such a pretty color figured it was worth having cleaned.

Hp44209.jpg

Attachments

• Hp44209.jpg
    Hp44209.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 71

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Hey Ron! I tumbled that one......[;)] INKS are my favorites! Can we talk about them please!![:D] I have over 600 different ones... Check out these babies I picked up at a auction last week. This is a portion of a lot of 6 I got for 75 clams! The hooker's ink is one of my favorites, that green umbrella aint to shabby either lol. The other is a carter's with a shield and label. This auction was over in Windham Me. Lots of Stoddard pieces and other fine stuff and only 4 folks bidding... I should have brought the truck instead of the car!!! Bear let me know what you have for inks and I will spin them for ya........ Taz

Pn37527.jpg

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Hey Miles. That Caters Master is the one I have on Flea Bay this week! I am Rokmanjim[;)] Glad you like my pix! Taz AKA Rokmanjim

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles