Inlet Find

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BellwoodBoys

Reaction score
A few months ago I had nothing to do on a Saturday and decided to go with a friend to a local ice cream parlor, We took my normal walking route which requires walking up a small channel called inlet terrace in Belmar. This place was built around the late 20's and lots of big old craftsman style houses line the narrow canal. While crossing the narrow footbridge I noticed something peculiar off to the side, a big mound of blackish sand with chunks of rocks and broken glass protruding out of it. Among the pile I noticed a clear base of a soda sticking out the side. This sparked my imagination, my mind was racing thinking maybe it was a holy grail Belmar soda or a rare local blob. I never imagined what it would actually turn out to be. I left it there because my friend Natalie really wanted to get ice cream, and I didn't want to get my hands dirty at the moment either. Throughout the evening and into the inky night I kept wondering what that clear base was! Was it local? Was it rare? Is it even whole?? The curiosity got the best of me and at the crack of dawn I arrived at the pile. With a light tug the soda came out, it was whole! I slowly wiped off the front of the bottle, cursive embossing greeted my face. I thought for sure this was some unlisted local bottle. I gingerly wiped off the bottom to get the disappointment of a lifetime, it was from Philadelphia. What I was hoping to be a one of a kind soda turned out to be a common Philadelphia crown. Better luck next time I guess! Here's a picture of it, just starting to upload my collection pictures on flickr and posting some old dig stories. Embossed F.Betz and sons Philada. Pa
16356338071_060011a6de.jpg

sunrunner

Reaction score
up in Jersey they show up in a lot of the dumps, I've dug machine made ones.

David Fertig

Reaction score
Ice cream over bottles? Perhaps you need to rethink your "friends." Just saying....

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese