Insulator Help

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PepsiCollector

Reaction score
I have a few of the common green insulators and would like to add a couple other colors, especially purple. Are there any other colored ones that are on the cheaper side, and what do I need to look out for as far as the "colored" ones. I don't want any fake ones. Thanks in advance for the help.

BillinMo

Reaction score
If you're looking for purple, there are a couple of options in the 20-30 dollar range - CD 154 Whitall Tatum 1, CD 102 Diamond pony. If you're okay with damage, you can probably find a cheap CD 121 WGM Co. or Diamond at an insulator show. It's rather tough to give any sort of definitive answer to what to "watch out for." Ask sellers if their insulators have been stained, irradiated, or otherwise "color enhanced." If you get a long, rambling explanation without much info, I'd tend to stay away. There really aren't any guarantees, though, and there's no substitute for knowing what typical colors look like and what sort of insulators are found in what colors. I've posted these links a number of times before, but in case you missed them, here's some education on altered insulators and altered colors: http://www.insulators.info/books/fake/http://www.nia.org/altered/ Best way to go, I think, is establish a relationship with insulator (or bottle) dealers that you know and trust. Feel free to post questions here, or shoot me a PM and I'll help with what I can.

PepsiCollector

Reaction score
Thank you very much! I noticed there were quite a few amethyst colored whitall Tatum 1 on eBay, but I wasn't sure if that was a natural color for them or not.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4