Insulator (pic)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bottle Diver

Reaction score
Hello Everyone:

For starters, Merry Christmas to all!

Here is a picture of a Insulator I found diving. I don't know anything about these things, any info would be appreciated.

Meredith

Ge95376.jpg

Attachments

• Ge95376.jpg
    Ge95376.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 74

Bixel

Reaction score
OK were you diving in Canada? Thats a Canadian porcelain piece, dont know if they were used anywhere except Canada. Nice glaze those have. Porcelain insulators are classified by u munbers, or at least that style is. I dont know the U number since there are SO many of them. I can tell you its probably worht about somewhere in the 1-10 dollar range, im guessing about 5. Just one lasy question... if you were diving in Canada, where were you? and if not where were you diving?

Bottle Diver

Reaction score
Thanks!

I saw your handle on another thread and was hoping you would reply, as apparently you collect insulators [:D]!

I am diving in Canada, Nova Scotia, to be exact. I assume the "CP" stands for "Canadian Pacific"? I can't see a "U" number anywhere on it though. I find the glass ones from time to time, but had never seen a porcelin one before so I thought I'd ask about it.

Could you tell me approximately how old it is? That is more important to me than $ value.

Again, thanks for the info.

Meredith

Bixel

Reaction score
CP on the front acctually stands for Canadian Porcelain, which was in Hamilton, Ontario. Many people are tricked and think it means Canadian Pacific, I was too at first. The U number will not be on the insulator. What the U number describes is the style of the insulator, IE. postition of wire groove, height, width, along with many other factors. Collectors use it as referance. Glass insulators use CD numbers. The age of that piece is probably about 80-90 years old, a nice older style candian porcelain piece. Someone else may be able to tell more of an exact age, but im not into porcelain too much. woooow thats alot of info, how glad I am to be getting into the insulator hobby when im 16, not when im 60, its going to take me years to learn most stuff!

Bottle Diver

Reaction score
Right on. Thanks again for the information, very helpful [:)].

tristian bottle

Reaction score
it is not cp it is pc and it stands for power compeny i am in newfoundland canada and found one with the same mark hope this helps [8|][8|][8|][;)][;)][;)][:D][:D][:D][8D]

Bixel

Reaction score
I dont want to sound mean, but it does not stand for power company either. I have been collecting insulators for about 2 years, and live in Canada, and see these very often. I don't think there was a insulator made that says just "power company" or a insulator company called power company.

If you want to see a link, this is from the insulators website which i frequent often :

http://www.insulators.com/pictures/?id=47341283

Thanks,
Kyle Waters

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sneaky Pete