Pure spring water, Comstock Park Michigan

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

edddoh

Reaction score
Okay thank you for your help do you have any recommendations of where I should take it from here to try to figure out more information?

Step Back In Time

Reaction score
You could try the Society for Historical Archeology. They have some great sections about bottles. Other than that I don't really know. The company might have only been around in a certain area and maybe not that long which is why there is limited information about them. Did you see the eclipse?

hemihampton

Reaction score
I wouldn't call that a jar but a bottle, many different half gallon size water bottles come from Michigan, I have a few. Leon.

6BigWaterBottles.JPG

edddoh

Reaction score
Excuse my vocabulary and I noticed there were a few other companies that's why I find it weird I can't find anything about this company nor this bottle I'm wondering if they merge with another company after only a couple years in business

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Excuse my vocabulary and I noticed there were a few other companies that's why I find it weird I can't find anything about this company nor this bottle I'm wondering if they merge with another company after only a couple years in business
It's pretty common to find a bottle and not be able to find any information on the company, especially for the more obscure types of bottles like your water bottle where there usually won't be any completionist collectors trying to document every one out there. There's a pretty good chance they didn't last long since I can't find a single reference to them on Google either, the longer-lived companies usually manage to show up in at least one old document that's been digitized somewhere. Looks like your bottle has a screw-top? That means that the bottle wouldn't have had sparkling water, it would have just been regular flat water. I can see a company going out of business quickly if that was all they sold, especially since improvements in sanitation around that time would have decreased the demand for bottled water (which as far as I know was typically a health thing in those days, when a lot of people didn't have safe drinking water in cities).

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyH