Pure spring water, Comstock Park Michigan

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

edddoh

Reaction score
Hello all! I was wondering if anyone is familiar with the Pure Spring Water Co. Comstock park Michigan?
I recently found this odd sized spring water jar and im having the most difficult time finding out anything about the company, let alone another example of this jar anywhere? Any help would be appreciated THANKS!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240407-170013_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20240407-170013_Messages.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 39

edddoh

Reaction score
9-1-1 I believe

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240407-213945_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20240407-213945_Messages.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 15

Step Back In Time

Reaction score
Your jar was made by Owens Illinois between 1930 and 1954 at the plant in Streator, Illinois. It was either made in 1931, 1941, or 1951. Based on what the jar looks like I would say it was made in 1931, but without any information on the company I can't say for sure. The number to the left of the logo is a code for where it was made. The number to the right of the logo is the year code and the number below is the mould number. I will do some research on the company and let you know if I find anything of interest.

Step Back In Time

Reaction score
Unfortunately I was unable to find out any information using Google. I also looked in my jar book and it's not listed, but I will keep looking. You might have your hands on something rare. If you don't mind could you post a picture of the whole jar just so I know what the whole thing looks like? I didn't know that they put water in jars I would've thought a bottle of some sort. Where did you find it? I have found a Pure Spring bottle before but I think it was pop. I also think they were a Canadian company so probably two separate companies.

Step Back In Time

Reaction score
Yeah, I couldn't find any more information on the company. Thanks for sharing the pictures though. I do know that in the early 1940s Owens Illinois glass company started to put stippling and Duraglas on their bottles which your bottle doesn't have, so that also points towards the 30s, but I'm not ruling out 1941. I'd say it's unlikely that it's 1951 though. Also it's hard to tell on your bottle whether or not the Owens Illinois logo is upside down because all of the numbers on the bottom can be flipped the other way and be another number. (The ones would remain ones if they were flipped upside down and the nine would become a six. They would also be in different positions) even if in the first picture it was actually upside down it wouldn't really help us too much to know what the numbers would be right side up. The only difference would be that the code for where it was made would be different and the year for when it was made would also be different. (Instead of 1931 and 41 it would be 1936 and 46) I'm pretty sure that it was the right way up the first time so you don't have to worry about that, but even if the first information I gave you was slightly wrong it wouldn't change a whole lot. That's probably slightly confusing but I hope you can make sense of it and I hope the information I gave you helped you out.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator