Iron pontil soda mineral water's

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hunter2000

Reaction score
Plumbata,
Yes I would say it was a late throw and yes it has a few layers. We will never be able to dig the oldest part of this dump. I can't really say more than that unfortionately. Mainer1 has found a drakes bitter and i have found a pontiled prices patent candle before and a few broken open pontils. And many other 1880 to 1900.

hunter2000

Reaction score
Wheelah23,
I have been diggin for 35 plus years dug over 100 different dumps and have always been a brides maid I have found 50 or so bottle bases with a pontils all broken even found a pile of them once. This past year i have found 3 complete and all 3 were different an open pontil an iron and a not sure what they call the one that was on my price's it was like a large oval ring with lightly rasied rough edges.
Dennis

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
Congratulations ! Thats a great great great mineral water bottle ! Dont sell it for at least a year. (thats my personal rule when I dig something good). I've never seen that bottle ever and I've dug New England for 30 years. DONT sell it yet, you will regret it.

I don't know you, and it looks like you're right in my neighborhood! So weird when you find someone digging nearby that you don't know. I guess there's crazy diggers scattered all over the place :]

That is an exciting dig! I hope you still have it. I don't want it personally, but I'm telling you, that is a rare rare bottle.

Good luck finding more beauties !
Bram

hunter2000

Reaction score
Bram,
Thanks for the info i will take your advice and live by it. I agree I sold my prices candle bottle and did regret that it sold for $115 and received an email next day with an offer of 200 however its not the money since selling it i have morned the loss of it sounds weird.

I have always wondered over the years how many diggers sourounded me but never bothered with it. I have always dug at my own pace and like walking places others never go or havent for many years.
I am pretty sure we have dug the same dumps if you have covered as much land a i in eliot. years age i received permission to dig between rt 103 at libby lane and rt 236 there is a lot of woods and old home steds i never got to finish what i started out there because i found better lands to dig and never went back. I dug many throw piles back then.
Some day i would like to get into diving but for now its back breaking digging.
Thats ok because i love the smell of a an old dump i am not sure what it is thats in the soil but it sure has a distintive smell another weird thing i smell everything. No smelling those 3 completely filled bottles i posted last week i tossed them they weer slicks and was not taking any risks for them plain janes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter