Is there any hope?:/

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jake12

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Hope your summer is going well:). Well anyway , there is a amazing bottle dump next to my house. It's located in a circle or gathering of trees and shrubs in the middle of a feild. My dad calls it a conservatory of trees. Anyway every Time the snow melts its seems to flood a bit in there. And usually drains or evaportates by late June and early July. This year the water is taking a very long time to drain and it worries me. Thanks to the rain we had this week the water has risen up even more. I really don't want this to turn into some pond . I don't know why it's not draining quickly. It's it the weather or all the digging or what? Has anyone ever had a similar problem? Any advice / tips or comments would be great:) I don't want to loose my bottle dump!:) Have a great weekend. - Jake

Jake12

Reaction score
Well I'm only 14 -1/2 and my parents won't buy me or let me buy a water pump ect. So yeah.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
The problem might be it's in a low spot on the land.. that's where the garbage would have been thrown back in the day.. well, there's legislation in the works to combat climate change so just be patient..

coldwater diver

Reaction score
Welcome to my world Jake I have been waiting to go diving for some time but the runoff in the rivers is really killing the visibility and my ability to go diving. Im wondering if a sump pump might work in your situation, you may have one in the basement or a neighbor might, they are fairly inexpensive( you could persuade your folks that you need one if you've got a basement). Plan B, be patient the sun will come out. Good luck and keep us posted on your efforts.

ScottBSA

Reaction score
Jake, take some pictures of your dump location. We might be better able to help figure out how to get the water out. I went on my first dump adventure at about your age. Had to get my mom to drive me to town so I could walk the banks of the Salmon River in Pulaski, NY. She got tired of waiting for me and came down to help. Maybe you can entice your mom into helping.
This is a fun, life-long hobby. Glad you are in early.

Scott

Jake12

Reaction score
The wooded area is lower than the sorrounding fields. I've also noticed the dirt is much darker and has a different feel than the dirt in the fields. Hope that helps a bit! I'll try to post some pictures to.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmtrails