IS THIS A CHAR MAR SODA BOTTLE? WATER BOTTLE????

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

3emarketeers

Reaction score
HI--HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING WELL,​
MY BOYS DUG THIS BOTTLE UP AND I WAS WONDERING IF IT'S A SODA BOTTLE, WATER BOTTLE OR WHAT ???
scratchchin.gif
IT SAYS CHAR ON ONE SIDE AND MAR ON THE OTHER​
IT SAYS MIN CONTENTS 10 FL OZS AROUND THE BASE​
IS IT A CHAR MAR BOTTLE OR A MAR CHAR BOTTLE?
idontknow.gif
b9_1_sbl.JPG
42_1_sbl.JPG
b7_1_sbl.JPG
UNDER THE WORD DURAGLAS IS A LITTLE ROUND CIRCULAR INDENTATION, THEN THE NUMBER 14, ANOTHER LITTLE ROUND CIRCULAR INDENTATION AND THEN THE NUMBER 15​
ANYONE THINK IT'S WORTH EBAYING?
order.gif
THANKS
kissing.gif
IN ADVANCE FOR ANY INFO!​

Brains

Reaction score
your little circle thing is an O-I logo. i have a bottle made by them, it's like a 7 up green certo bottle. I dont know how long O-I operated but they still make glass today. I think they started around 1920-1930.
Bryan

Jim

Reaction score
The 48 is the date of your bottle, 1948. The O-I mark was first used in 1929, when Illinois Glass Co. merged with Owens Glass Bottle Co. and formed Owens-Illinois. The mark was used at least into the 1950-s or 60s. They are still around, but I do not think they still use the old O-I mark on anything today. Neat bottle, I like embossed sodas. ~Jim

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Julie, Char-mar is a common name used for everything from community and multiple bussiness names to clothing but I pieced together a little info.It looks like Char-Mar was a brand of soda from Ohio or Illinos but was bottles in many states. There was even a Char-Mar bottling works in Jacksonville that used Char-Mar as their main brand. It ws supposed to rival Coke and Pepsi for a chunk of the market and it was bottled from the late 1930s into the 50s. Thats all I could find.

3emarketeers

Reaction score
Thanks Warren
hug.gif
for responding to my email.
type.gif

So do you think it would be a fair to say in my ebay listing that it is a rare bottle? I don't want to mislead anyone, but since there is not much info about it, may there isn't many of these bottles? What do you think? Do you think it's even worth listing? I was thinking of starting it off at maybe 5 bucks. By the way Warren, do you have someone named Julie on your mind? That's the second time you called me Julie--lol. But that's okay...

as long as you keep answering my questions
anisun.gif
I can be anybody you want me to be!

3emarketeers

Reaction score
IN MY PREVIOUS POST, I THANKED WARREN, BUT I FORGOT TO THANK EVERYONE ELSE WHO ALSO RESPONDED TO THE QUESTION, SO THANKS EVERYONE, I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOUR HELP AND INFORMATION

towhead

Reaction score
Interesting info Warren. The CharMar's bar is near Meadowlands just outside Duluth. I thought maybe it was somebodys name [:D]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tasha85