Is This a Detroit Hutchinson; if so, from when?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I found an 1892 ad about a Michell's that seemed to sell various goods. It may have been made for a store. I found 5 of this bottle-- mine, yours, one on Hutchbook (unless that's yours) and one that was listed on e-Bay multiple times along with one sold on Worthpoint and touted as 1880s-1890s. Michell's is otherwise very obscure, and there is little to go on.I'd drop the value of this bottle to under $10. Thankfully, I paid less and can likely make some cash on it. My analysis of it is that Michell had good self-esteem as the bottle is basically saying that Michell owns Detroit. lol. Apparently, his marketing could have been done better as ads don't pop up for me. The above is all speculation. There may be two variants, but the second variant could have been someone measuring poorly. If yours has a different neck-length, Leon, it may be a new variant; or, people have just over-looked this fact.

antlerman23

Reaction score
Hey SB, would you be willing to trade that Grand Rapids crown top? Minnesota crowns are my specialty, and i have a few MI bottles you may be interested in as well. [;)]

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Antlerman: Minnesota bottle. I likely will, but for now I'd like to hang on to it. Second bottle with a Michigan town's name, but is not from Michigan, in my collection. Main interest is in learning more. See linked thread for bottle.

hemihampton

Reaction score
If you like bottles like that then you need the Detroit Hutch from Texas. But they seem to get around $100 or more. LEON.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of Southern Hutches go for over $45. I was looking at values of Georgia Hutches last night-- not even sure why. But a good number were $100+.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Highlighted:
Fenner%2Bpaper%2Blabel%2B014.JPG
Color:
Fenner%2Bpaper%2Blabel%2B016.JPG

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members