Is this a rare bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lexdigger

Reaction score
Now why would I go and try to do that, I've only been researching and digging bottles for about three years. I don't even buy or sell on ebay, but you can't tell me the bottles in her auctions aren't misrepresented. The same thing happens with marbles, artifacts, and any other collectable. Chris

may48185

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: lexdigger

You know May, after looking at the rest of your auctions I can see you have alot of work ahead of you. It seems that alot of ebay sellers use Rare as a buzzword, kind of like Awesome, Sweet, or Killa. The fact of the matter is that just because you say it's rare doesn't make it so. Just being honest here! Chris
Chris, thanks for the pointers you do have a point I will be more careful in the future as to how things are worded , you deff have a point though.

lexdigger

Reaction score
May, again I am sorry if I came off as being rude. You did the right thing by removing the auction. There's nothing wrong with listing that bottle, I'm sure someone will want it, you just need to be more accurate in your description. Learing about and researching old bottles is fun, almost as much fun as digging them up. When I first got into them I stumbled across this page on the web that was a big help in getting started. Not everything you need to know, but it's a place to start and pretty cut and dry. Check out the link. Chris

http://www.bottlebooks.com/basics.htm

bamascavenger

Reaction score
somewhere on this site there is a listing that gives an opinion of what rare/antique/old/scarce/ etc..... means. anyone know where that is located? I know this has nothing to do with this post, SORRY! Just cannot find it and the rare brought it to my attention.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmajeau