Is this a vintage bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ladyhobo

Reaction score
I found this clear glass bottle. It says it is a liquor bottle. It has a wheat design on the sides. No cap, but would have been a screw on cap. On bottom of bottle are these numbers.
Liquor Bottle
42 T

A88D6708804B4DB1A44BCBABAE78B3A8.jpg

Attachments

• A88D6708804B4DB1A44BCBABAE78B3A8.jpg
    A88D6708804B4DB1A44BCBABAE78B3A8.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 237

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Lula, Welcome to the forum. I love the moniker "ladyhobo". There were still a few around in the south when I was a kid. They would clean up around the fire house where my grandpa was chief. My grandma would let me and my little bro take the pay out to them when they finished. It was usually a big meal of some sort.

The bottle is great but it is the first like that I have seen. Hang in there and someone with the proper knowledge will come along and help you out.[:)]

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I often see bottles on ebay advertised as 'vintage' and I always wonder about the use of that term. Vintage litterally means the year wine is made from grapes but it can also be applied to items made during periods that are considered exceptional for some reason. Its a term that doesnt get much use in bottle collecting. I'm trying to think what bottles I might consider 'vintage'. Maybe straight sided cokes made during the first quarter of the 20th century? I think its too abstract a term to be much use in bottle collecting. Bottles are more oftem described by thier intended use (sodas, inks, medicines, etc) and the way they were manufactured (machine made, hand blown, pontil, tooled lip, etc)

tombstone

Reaction score
unofficial ebay definition: "vintage" means anything that was purchased more than 24 hours ago, is dirty and worn, or looks like it might be old if you don't know anything about history and squint really hard. See also "rare".

towhead

Reaction score
Anything older than 25 years is considered to be vintage, though opinions vary on this definition. Many sellers of vintage clothing-for example- consider even more modern pieces to be 'vintage', provided that they are particularly representative of the era in which they were made.

Anything more than 100 years old is considered Antique.[8|]

towhead

Reaction score
Sure don't know. Me myself would want to call something Antique if it were 80 years old....Vintage always reminds me of maybe 50's-60's....who writes those definitions in the Dictionary anyway?[:D]

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
unofficial ebay definition: "vintage" means anything that was purchased more than 24 hours ago, is dirty and worn, or looks like it might be old if you don't know anything about history and squint really hard. See also "rare".
Haaaa...choke, spit$#&8^&.
Excuse me, I was taking a sip when I read that and choked.
42 could very wll be the date but don't forget Federal Law.... forbade selling it so it would have to be foreign to the US.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4