is this beofre or after 1900?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mr_madonna

Reaction score
this bottle is olive green, but againg and onion-skin has given it its purple hue. i found no reference for 'Dr. Siegert - Co Bolivar' on the net, maybe one of you all would now.
[;)]

toni

Us55336.jpg

Picture cropped and reduced in size - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Admin

Attachments

• Us55336.jpg
    Us55336.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 69

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hi Toni and welcome to the forum.
I believe your bottle is pre 1900 by the look of the lip. I would guess 1880-1900. Check the seams running up the side and see where they stop. If they stop below the lip, it is a safe bet it is pre 1900. I could not find your exact bottle but this site has some interesting info on Dr. Siegert. www.angostura.com/test/flash/history.shtml
Hope this helps, Kelley

PS. If you have more than one post or picture on the same topic, just hit reply to post. This way you don't have two seperate posts for the same subject.[;)]

bigkitty53

Reaction score
Hi Toni,
Dr. Siebert was the inventer of Angostura Bitters which is still produced today.If you type "3 piece mold" in the search engine at the top of this page you'll get an idea of how old your bottle is and how it was made.I have the same bottle in black glass.[;)]

KAT

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi Toni,
I believe your bottle is listed in Ring & Ham's as a labeled Bitters...... A 64 L .....Angostura Bitters found on : // b // DR. J.G.B. SIEGERT BOLIVAR
8 5/8 x 2 3/8 ( 4 15/16)
Round , LTC , Deep indented base , Green - Scarce , Amber - Rare
Harper's Weekly April 15 , 1879
Drug Catalog : 1885 Goodwin
Dr. Johann Gotlieb Benjamin Siegert first produced his Bitters in Angostura , Venezuela
Although there is a slight difference in the base embossing on yours and the one listed in Ring & Ham's , I still believe that yours is a A 64 L mold variant. If not then yours is a unlisted variant and there are many different mold variants in the Dr. Siegert's Angostura Bitters.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey