It pays to keep lookin !

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Monsonant

Reaction score
While vacationing a couple weeks ago in Rhode Island I found this pint Coventry Cornucopia and Urn at the Sunday morning flea market on Rt 1 in Charlestown. I normally get there very early and check out the dealers as they are setting up ... hoping to find a deal or two . This weekend we had many guests at the cottage and they all wanted to go to the flea market with me . I had to hang around , biting my nails while they all had a leisurely breakfast , read the paper , wrote letters ... you get the picture . They did not understand that ya gotta get there early if ya want to find something , or at least thats what I thought. We finally arrived about two hours after the market opened I was about half way through the market and finding nothing . I came upon a table that had some glassware . I spotted some Repro Flasks , A Jenny Lind , a Clevenger's Cabin , assorted Wheatons and sitting right there with them the little Coventry . In disbelief I picked it up ... sure enough it was real . I asked how much the Bottles were.. The fake jenny Lind (in pink !) was $35 , The Booze Cabin (no peaks ) $45 $5 each for the Wheatons and the Coventry was $5 . Guess which one I bought . Its not the rarest of bottles but it is sparkling clean with a great sharp pontil and best of all I collect Westford , Willington and Coventry bottles . They are still out there ... ya just gotta keep lookin . Dave A.

Fd90631.jpg

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hi Dave,
I'll I have to say is WOW !!! What a beautiful discovery. I bet you were shaking handing them that $5. It's amazing the things that you can find at some of these "junk" venues. It's also unbelievable how a seller will sell something without a bit of research. I guess they should have asked us here at Antique-Bottles.net [:D].

Great find!!! I guess I should hold off posting my unworthy finds of recent.

I bet you'll vacation there again when you can.

Monsonant

Reaction score
Meech .... you got that right I was shakeing and my heart was pounding . It was a great moment. Cant wait for it to happen again . Dave A

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter