items found on vacation

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

deer4x4

Reaction score
here are 5 bottles i got in northern california near trinadad while my wife and i were on vacation on the coast all the way to oregon i seen alot of bottles in antiques shops but the $ were crazy and some were private collections but i found these for 65$ for all anyone know information on stoneware the one with the looks like applied top is cool
1 i know is german it looks likw(??ter wasser pullnaer) in circle then (????? pullna)
if anyone knows anything let me know please that is the short stoneware round but squeezed sided one
then i got a demi john clear olive green
stoneware ink says(fields ink and gum then something under that
then a small ink in a light olive amber with a pontil bottom
i got the inks for my friend dollarbill for his ink collection
anyone know any thing on these would be great or best place to check for stoneware
thanks bob

7089B6D9CEAA40A8AF75BE412B2FD8F1.jpg

Attachments

• 7089B6D9CEAA40A8AF75BE412B2FD8F1.jpg
    7089B6D9CEAA40A8AF75BE412B2FD8F1.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 85

deer4x4

Reaction score
hi and thanks for the replies could you give me a site to look up for the german water and ncdiggers yes the stoneware is a fields ink and gum thought it was neat i got it and the other ink for dollarbill and his ink collection talk again later thanks bob

dollarbill

Reaction score
Hey Bob
Very beautiful glass and stoneware.And inks of course !Thanks !my Friend. The'll look good with the others.There all beautiful pieces Bob.Nice find.
bill

cordilleran

Reaction score
Somewhere in the Great American Southwest
Below, find a website (in German) for your bottle currently up for sale on Deutsche e-Bay:

http://cgi.ebay.ch/Wasserflasche-Pullnaer-Bitterwasser-um-1740-Keramik_W0QQitemZ230249884205QQihZ013QQcategoryZ9... - 87k -

From my personal library is the following excerpt taken from A Textbook of Practical Medicine with Particular Reference, Felix von Niemeyer, 1869, to wit: "... since the majority of this class of patients are young and vigorous, living more or less freely, and drinking spirituous liquors, it is generally advisable to place them on a rigid diet (gruel morning and evening, with broth and a little meat mid-day) to forbid coffee, beer, wine, or spirits, and now and then to give small doses of some saline cathartic (one or two glasses of Freidrichschaller, or PULLNAUER BITTERWASSER), which may be taken in the morning, fasting" (upper case italics added by this author). Hope this helps your understanding of how venereal disease was treated before antibiotics.

deer4x4

Reaction score
cool thanks for the information i will have my wife read what the ebay says in german she is german i got married there 25 years ago but again many thanks cordilleran for the info
bob

bottlediger

Reaction score
wow great buys Bob, I love that demi and that ink is really really cool

Digger Ry

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member