J. C. Fields Mauch Chunk Squat Soda

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

privvydigger

Reaction score
sorry caldigr2 i don't see it....lol
the color matters not a bit on that bottle the part that matters is the
Mauch Chunk.......to us......
This bottle may very well sell for more than what some would be willing to pay.....
I buy sell trade bottles to help inhance my collection...you have to have good stuff for people to part with good stuff. sometimes you have to give, spend a little more but if what you get goes on the keeper shelf. In my collection then there's no looking back!!
see you at the finish line
gotta love this hobbie...i'm going to add that to my signature

keemakoo

Reaction score
To me the jar is aqua with a greenish tint. Calling a cornflower blue bottle cobalt blue is a far cry from calling the squat light green. The bottle is the squat in the upper right corner. That is light green not aqua. Lets take a vote. Jim

1F14A9626DB64E2CA24E3336CC96ECFB.jpg

Attachments

• 1F14A9626DB64E2CA24E3336CC96ECFB.jpg
    1F14A9626DB64E2CA24E3336CC96ECFB.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 72

Jim

Reaction score
Jim, No disrespect intended, but I concur that your Fields bottle is aqua. It definitely has a greenish tint, but not enough for most to consider it even a light green. Regardless, it is a very good bottle and one that many collectors would love to have. One of my favorite bottles is an aqua Lewistown squat from the 1880s. It has a round slug plate, and probably just missed being a hutch by a year or two! A rare piece of local history does not have to be pontiled or colored to be desirable. ~Jim

smithman29

Reaction score
Keemakoo: Sorry you mistook my post as a downplay to your very desirable Mauch Chunk squat. No need to get paranoid about me trying to discredit a bottle which has already proven itself via its current ebay auction attainment. I have no stake in this matter as I am not, nor will I be, an active bidder on this very desirable bottle, as I just dont bid that kinda money. I seriously meant my reply as a compliment, not a detriment, and I'm sorry you took it in the wrong context. My sincerest apologies.

buzzkutt033

Reaction score
just pulled this T. Siegfried out of the tumbler. not bad........

this one an early smooth base. the graphite pontil ones had
towns on them.

we dug this one a couple blocks from T. Siegfrieds home.

love the Fields soda, but after just filling my oil tank,
i'm resigned to waiting for the spring thaw...........

jim

it has the backward " S " on the back.

7CFDAAA9A18448608ECCB6EF43EB059D.jpg

Attachments

• 7CFDAAA9A18448608ECCB6EF43EB059D.jpg
    7CFDAAA9A18448608ECCB6EF43EB059D.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 59

keemakoo

Reaction score
Sorry smithman29 for reading your comments the wrong way. It was not out of money paranoia, but a different sort of paranoia I guess. I don't even really care what the bottle finally sells for. It is nice to make a few dollars, but I would have much preferred the bottle was a less expensive blue NJ or NY soda. I don't dig very many blue sodas and would have been much more excited to see one of those in the pit.
The color argument, if you will, is much more interesting then what the bottle says anyway.
I just don't see how you can call a bottle that color aqua. If that color is aqua then light green must not exist. If aqua can be that green, why can't green be that light? Jim

smithman29

Reaction score
No problem keemakoo. Color is a highly subjective term thats loosely based on the eye of the beholder. One man's light green is another's greenish aqua. In the end, color means little when a rare bottle is up for grabs...as is the case here. Looking forward to seen the final value your Fields squat attains in a few days. Good luck.

smithman29

Reaction score
Ebay final value...$438. Not too shabby on this very desirable Mauch Chunk squat. Congratulations keemakoo.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem