J. Deegan

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Road Dog

Reaction score
This is a J. Deegan Pottsville Pa. It is a smooth base soda. Anyone find a listing for this color?

Pn37500.jpg

Bottleman

Reaction score
Nice soda! I personally have never seen a green J. Deegan, only the amber ones. I have seen the L. Deegan though in a deep green color. The L’s are the older of the two names. Tomorrow I am actually going to Pottsville to do some digging and I will ask the collectors if they have ever herd of a green one

~~Tom

Bottleman

Reaction score
After talking to the collectors in Pottsville, PA it seems that you have an extremely rare bottle! As I said before this name usually comes in different shades of amber but yours in green. After asking a few diggers about it, they said they have only ever dug or seen one in there life time. I asked them if this could be the bottle they found and they said that the one they dug had a shorter neck and had no case wear at all so this is the second bottle known. Price wise, it is worth well over $1000 to the right person! I printed out a picture for them too and if you ever decide to sell it, they would defiantly be interested.

Thanks for posting this very rare bottle!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter