JANE MANSFIELD'S CAR!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glass man

Reaction score
Forgot to tell yall bout a movie that was made right here in this little town this summer!

It stars Robert Duvall,Kevin Bacon .Billy Bob Thorton is the one making it.

It is about civil rest in 1969..in a small town.One policeman that saw the script said they is nothing about Jane's car in it,but then That is Billy Bob for you.

I have been feeling poorly and didn't go down town to check it out..not sure if I would have any way it was HOT and the crowd was wild from what I have been told..that is a small ga. town for ya!

The really cool part for me is they made most of down town look like it was 1969 again..really took me back..record shop,bike shop,etc.cars down town were vintage..THE HEAD SHOP here became a barbecue place..in name only of course..our old drug store that servered sandwiches..sodas etc. was used just for that..thankfully it has been kept pretty much like it was from the 30s on..cept no longer a drug store..they had to cover up the "no smoking" signs..cause back then people smoked every where...in fact our Dc. would give me a check up or what ever with a cig. hanging from his lips[:-]

Wish they coulda used Nina and me cause we both grew up here and I was a hippie then[in my mind any way] hey we already had the clothes and I still got the hair..though I am too old looking..but kevin ain't no young man either...

Some prop idiot that put the albums [vintage] in the "record' store window didn't know to take the albums out and from pics Nina and my daughter took showed they had got too hot in the window and had started melting and were warped![:mad:]

This was a big thing for our little town..it was chosen cause our depression era theater has had the same out side look from then..loved the posters they put outside the thter telling what movie was being shown..one was "PSYC-Out" a film that was about the "HIPPIE" seen at that time...man it is corny..one of my favs!

I really would loved to have had my dvd copies of Robert's movie "Tender MERCIES"and t.v. mini seris "Lonesome Dove" signed.[good luck with the mob uptown..the cops and people working on the film had to constantly yell for folks to get out of the way of the filming..I was told Robert did not take up much time with grown folks,but did with the kids..dang and I have two grandsons and two great nephews..one of them mighta come throuh for me!HA! I read some where Tender Mecies and Lonesome Dove was his favorite work he had done..

Well see yall in the movies!![;)]JAMIE

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Jamie,

Wait a durn minute, sir. You mean the Ruskies was flim flamming in Georgia?

Wish you were feeling better and had an opportunity to a little "Extra" work. I would'a loved to see you on the big screen. Billy Bob, not so much.

"Billy Bob Thornton drives 'Jayne Mansfield's Car'
Alexander Rodnyansky produces first English-language project
By NICK HOLDSWORTH

MOSCOW -- Billy Bob Thornton has climbed on board "Jayne Mansfield's Car," the first English-language project from producer Alexander Rodnyansky, one of Russia's top film biz figures.
The $12 million family comedy/drama focuses on relations between two families, one American, the other British, in Texas during the tumultuous years of the 1960s Civil Rights movement.

It marks a new departure for Rodnyansky, who has produced a string of Russian-language films that have collectively grossed more than $100 million.

Directed, co-starring and co-written by Thornton with longtime writing partner Tom Epperson ("One False Move," "Sling Blade"), the movie is being shot in Georgia, U.S., where filmmakers can take advantage of tax incentives..." From Variety.

jayne2.jpg

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Jamie,

If you remember back about 2 years we had a similar experience up here with the filming of Unstoppable. It was nice to have about 250+ people in our small town for 6 weeks spending money like water. I am sure it was a great shot in the arm for your local economy too.

PD

glass man

Reaction score
Lots of money was spent here too TOM!The city got a chunk..for the use of main street,policemen,etc,but our taxes ain't going down any..hey share the wealth![:)] JAMIE

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: surfaceone

Hey Jamie,

Wait a durn minute, sir. You mean the Ruskies was flim flamming in Georgia?

Wish you were feeling better and had an opportunity to a little "Extra" work. I would'a loved to see you on the big screen. Billy Bob, not so much.

"Billy Bob Thornton drives 'Jayne Mansfield's Car'
Alexander Rodnyansky produces first English-language project
By NICK HOLDSWORTH

MOSCOW -- Billy Bob Thornton has climbed on board "Jayne Mansfield's Car," the first English-language project from producer Alexander Rodnyansky, one of Russia's top film biz figures.
The $12 million family comedy/drama focuses on relations between two families, one American, the other British, in Texas during the tumultuous years of the 1960s Civil Rights movement.

It marks a new departure for Rodnyansky, who has produced a string of Russian-language films that have collectively grossed more than $100 million.

Directed, co-starring and co-written by Thornton with longtime writing partner Tom Epperson ("One False Move," "Sling Blade"), the movie is being shot in Georgia, U.S., where filmmakers can take advantage of tax incentives..." From Variety.

jayne2.jpg

WOW!I thought Billy Boob was funding it!Also it was told it was gonna be bout a town in Ala..kinda funny I thought since we are on the GA/Ala9the movie "SWEET HOME ALABAMA" was shot in the next GA. town over from mine...What they got against making films bout BAMA in ALA??[&:]]..line and both states kinda put each other down..in fun..such as "Why do folks in Ala. always leave a chair empty at funerals?".."For Rigor Mortis to set in"![:D] This joke works for both states...

I don't see how another movie bout civil unrest in the 60s is gonna be any good,been done a few..hundred times...but maybe Billy Boob can add somen different to this one..heck ain't his money that will be lost any way..now I know![8D]

From the "stills" I saw of the "protest march" it was pretty pitiful looking,but I guess time they work their magic it will look like alot more people and grander.Man in 69 in this town if all three of us "HIPPIES" here had attempted to stage a anti-war march we woulda be hung from a tree before we even got started![:-]

It was scary enough just having long hair here..all the way over my ears..yep that was considered Hippie length back then!

Course I was very glad a guy I knew made it back from NAM!I knew two others that died there..man it was sad...not all us Freaks were against the people fighting over there,but did feel we had the right to at least question the powers that be about it....I was willing to go...it ended..THANK GOD!! JAMIE

carobran

Reaction score
they filmed ''THE HELP"" in Greenwood and Jackson this summer[8|]

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: carobran

they filmed ''THE HELP"" in Greenwood and Jackson this summer[8|]

Probably a better movie then billy boobs is gonna be..just have to wait and see....JAMIE

carobran

Reaction score
there was some idiot in the Jackson paper claiming that the author used her as a model for one of the black maids and was filing a lawsuit...................some people are just pathetic[8|][8|][:mad:][&:]

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaireS