Jimmie Durkin's soft drinks inc Help Me Out!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

AlaskanBottleDiver

Reaction score
Found this with a few others while diving at an old canaryon the lip it has a ring with the words 'registered patented "price" around the base the it says JIMMIE DURKIN'S REGISTERED soft : drinks inc Spokane,Wash bottom has just a 2 on it from searching online I couldn't fid any info as to its value or rarityjust that it was made around 1915 when prohibition made Jimmie whowas the owner of a few bars have to close and this was one of his effortsto make money without his liquor business will post pictures asap (probably tomorrow) remote in Alaska right now cant upload pictures

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
My first Google search pulls up a mention of his company in a 1922 Google-scanned book. I also found one from 1918 and 1919. This (click blue) has some info on it and a bottle of his. Prohibition hit Washington on December 31, 1915. I think that this page gives the most history and display on Jimmie, "Spokane's Main-Avenue Philosopher." An observation: If you found it up there, then it was likely a big-name brand that traveled far. As for rarity, it would all have to do on variation. Unless, that is, someone just brought it up on a steamer and tossed it in the drink. Who knows. Others will hopefully join in on facts. Also: Welcome to the Forum.

Attachments

• 8E921A4AFB314D1EAE4ABF3360A429A6.jpg
    8E921A4AFB314D1EAE4ABF3360A429A6.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 84

botlguy

Reaction score
Welcome. This is from my area. Spokane is about 30 miles due West.Jimmie Durkin was a prolific producer of artifacts, there are many of his bottles and jugs available. I currently have one of the many variants of his liquor bottles 4 sale. The piece you have is his soda as correctly told by Spirit Bear. They are common and worth no more than $5 - $10 on a good day. Jim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229