John Wingert, Pottsville Pa.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

averagejoe

Reaction score
I have a 1850-60's John Wingert emerald blue quart bottle with a very slight crack. Its the only wingert bottle in existence. I'm asking $10,000..obo Pic are available upon request.

averagejoe

Reaction score
Its from pottsville, pa. extremely rare. the only one. crack seems to be no more than one inch long and appears to be inside the glass.

averagejoe

Reaction score
Sorry bottle is sold. Sold for $23,498.oo at Blum's auction Sunday night.

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hi averagejoe and Welcome to Antique-Bottles.Net -
Congrats on selling your bottle! I'm sure many here, including myself, would love to see this bottle. Do you have a photo that you could put up for all to see?

pa digger

Reaction score
Hey Joe:

Where are the pictures of the quart? Im not saying that this story is not true! but i do find it hard to believe that it sold for that kind of money? If it did then someone is crazy. I could see it going for that kind of money if it were light puce in color. But the one that you sold maybe $3,000 - 5,000 range. We bottle guys would like to see a picture of the bottle and maybe a picture of the auction list saying that it had sold for this amount.

Bottleman

Reaction score
Hello, I do a lot of digging down in Pottsville and have dug a few broken quart Wingert’s but never a whole one. That is a lot of money even if it were mint. Do you dig this your self in Pottsville? A few months ago there was a construction site downtown that you had to sneak into but there were broken squats everywhere! My buddy and I were only able to get one whole one and it wasn’t even pontiled. I think that the workers picked up all of the whole ones and I am just waiting for them to surface on eBay and at auctions.

~~Tom

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn