Blobs, rare SS, and more!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Screwtop

Reaction score
I've been all across the Eastern U.S. at many antique shops, and have seen some fine bottles, especially down in Savannah Georgia. But with great bottles, comes great price tags, and I had to let them go each time. I've been after a blob top bottle for three years! Well yesterday changed it, four blobs in one day! I visited Huntington West Virginia, and was shocked at how many good bottles there were for prices I could afford. I even got to meet a local digger, who will call me as soon as he puts part of his 10,000 bottle collection up for sale at his shop.

DSC_0625.jpg

Jacob Shmidt / Pottsville, PA

Squat blob beer from a Pennsylvania town I know well. Pottsville is a coal mining town famous for it's breweries, including Yuengling. Pottsville is also where my ancestors enlisted in their regiments during the Civil War. This one dates to the 1880s.

DSC_0617.jpg

Willibald Kuebler / Bottler / Easton PA

Squat/pony blob beer, that I thought was pretty neat, and hey, for less than $10, that sure as heck is going on my shelf.

DSC_0009.jpg

B.W.C. & Co.

Now this one is cool! This dates to the late 1850, very early 1860s, and that's hard to find now-a-days. From what I understand, this comes out of Newark NJ. Note the "true" blob top on it.

DSC_0627.jpg

Jacob Jockers / 803.805 / Dickson Str. / Philada.

Beauty of a pony blob beer from Philly.

DSC_0619.jpg

Now this is a gem, a Huntington W.Va SS Coke! This has been a bucket lister, and now I need the one from Ashland Ky, and Portsmouth Ohio. These are pretty rare, and hard to find. I only paid $45 for this one, because I bought it directly from the digger, who found it underneath what is currently Marshall University stadium. I found another one in a shop next door, with a $165 price tag on it.

2lzqhq.jpg

$5, why not?

Screwtop

Reaction score
DSC_0620.jpg

A nice lil' Sharp and Dohme poison....

DSC_0621.jpg

A beauty of a Fred Schorr beer hutch! This is listed as Scarce on Hutchbook. There was a plain one from California beside it, but I decided not to pay the $75 for it.

DSC_0623.jpg

A Hungarian mineral water bottle, found in West Virginia. Odd. the base says "keseru viz forras kocs" Anybody know what that means? Calling Harry Pristis on this one.

slugplate

Reaction score
View attachment 201166

View attachment 201167

A beauty of a Fred Schorr beer hutch! This is listed as Scarce on Hutchbook. There was a plain one from California beside it, but I decided not to pay the $75 for it.

View attachment 201168

A Hungarian mineral water bottle, found in West Virginia. Odd. the base says "keseru viz forras kocs" Anybody know what that means? Calling Harry Pristis on this one.
The Hungry bottle looks very similar to a Hunyadi(sp?) bitters bottle. The squats are really nice. As far as NYC blob top beers, I have them coming out of my ears. The pictorial Hutch is a real keeper - hold on to that one.

slugplate

Reaction score
View attachment 201166

View attachment 201167

View attachment 201168

The B.W. C. mineral water bottle has a value of about $10. I collect NJ bottles and if you're interested I'll give you $20 which includes shipping. I have NJ squats, not that one, and would like to add to it to my collection. Does that sound reasonable? How it's shipped doesn't matter as long as it arrives whole. Or, I can trade a NYC blob top beer for it. It's up to you and I will certainly accept whatever you have to say.

Screwtop

Reaction score
The B.W. C. mineral water bottle has a value of about $10. I collect NJ bottles and if you're interested I'll give you $20 which includes shipping. I have NJ squats, not that one, and would like to add to it to my collection. Does that sound reasonable? How it's shipped doesn't matter as long as it arrives whole. Or, I can trade a NYC blob top beer for it. It's up to you and I will certainly accept whatever you have to say.
I might do a trade, I'll have to see in order to make up my mind.

Edit:

Wrong bottle, I paid $25 for the other one, nvm.

Last edited:

Screwtop

Reaction score

If you'd like, I could do $20+$10 shipping...

slugplate

Reaction score
I might do a trade, I'll have to see in order to make up my mind. I paid $25 for the bottle.
That's okay. $25 may not be out of the question in your neck of the woods. I have an India Wharf scripted blob and a monogramed New Amsterdam Brewing Co. blob that are worth more than that if interested. It's not that I'm trying to get more for less, but I really like NJ bottles since I live there. I'd be interested in other NJ bottles if you have them. I also have an extra 1959 "SCARCE" Pepsi bottle that's been sold for $150 if you'd like to trade for a few other NJ bottles. BTW it is in mint condition... looks like right off the assembly line.

Screwtop

Reaction score
That's okay. $25 may not be out of the question in your neck of the woods. I have an India Wharf scripted blob and a monogramed New Amsterdam Brewing Co. blob that are worth more than that if interested. It's not that I'm trying to get more for less, but I really like NJ bottles since I live there. I'd be interested in other NJ bottles if you have them. I also have an extra 1959 "SCARCE" Pepsi bottle that's been sold for $150 if you'd like to trade for a few other NJ bottles. BTW it is in mint condition... looks like right off the assembly line.

$25 is good, I saw one down in Georgia and they wanted $100 for it! Insanity.

I really don't have a thing for NJ, but I do like Pennsylvania stuff. Any squat blobs, I'll look at. I might take the money though, because I could use it next time I visit his shop.

slugplate

Reaction score
If you'd like, I could do $20+$10 shipping...
The 7oz Pepsi Bottle has sold for $150, I will trade it for three other NJs if you have them. The New Amsterdam and India Wharf I'd trade for the B.W.C. If you'd like to, please check online on these bottles. They are not off the mark for the B.W.C. If we use Priority Mail from USPS, it would be $14.50 out of pocket for each of us. However, I know the $25 you paid for the bottle and I'm trying to accommodate equally. If any of the above are acceptable to you, I'd be happy to make to a trade.

Attachments

• 18471C80-A17C-4025-A94E-642652AF0768.jpeg
    18471C80-A17C-4025-A94E-642652AF0768.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 201
  • IMG_1418.JPG
    IMG_1418.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 173

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members