jumbo jars

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

braddboi

Reaction score
is any1 familer with a blue 1lb jumbo jar?????????

Ro41765.jpg

Attachments

• Ro41765.jpg
    Ro41765.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 71

Hannahbelle

Reaction score
I've never heard of it, but it's a nice one!
I'm sure one of the really knowledgable members will know what it is, or at least give you some type of an answer!
Good luck!

whosyerdaddy

Reaction score
braddboi, did u dig this jar it doesnt look like its been irradiated the jumbos were from cincinnati ohio usually bring more with the original lid BUT A BLUE ONE !! never seen this one u could have something here partner lots of jumbo collectors out there dont be in ahurry to give this one away just my opinion and i been fooling with this stuff for 40 years whosyer !!

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Hey, this auction I found on ebay might help. Speaking of jumbos I dug a 14 oz. just yesterday. It was the only thing I found. [:(]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13913&item=6183612179&rd=1

bubbas dad

Reaction score
whosyer just asking, but wouldn't an irradiated bottle be more uneven and patchy? i've only seen a few that were irradiated and they were more of a purple and uneven in color.

kastoo

Reaction score
Read this:

http://www.thetreasuredepot.com/cgi-bin/bottles/bottles_config.pl?read=12553

The guy is very experienced.

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
I'm not familar with the heat stained process , unless this is the same method they used years ago. But , I would definetly like to see and hold one that is done in this method . I'd like to see if this method does the same to the glass as the old stained or painted ones did. You could hold the bottle to your face and it would feel warm or room temp. . Glass should feel cold to the touch on your face . That's how you could tell if the color was enhanced back then.
Another old method of telling a very good epoxy repair was to tap it on your teeth. The epoxy has a very different sound from glass. ( if you still have your real teeth ). I'm sure it wouldn't work with dentures. I have seen some very good repairs that are undetectable to the naked eye. And now a days they carry their trusty blacklight with them to see the repairs.
Brian

braddboi

Reaction score
ty all for the info but sadly enough it was a jumbo that was done in the same way as the carnivle glass......added color..........im so depressed about this i thought i had something
ty all bradd

Bottleman

Reaction score
I am pretty sure that the Jumbo jar is a flat out reproduction. I went into an antique store a few moths ago and was shocked to see a whole shelf of different colored Jumbos from red to green and your cobalt. They even had tiny colored salt and pepper shakers with the elephant on them. Even though it’s not old, it still have an incredible color!

~~Tom

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles