Junk store jubilee.....heartbreak, and a new Pepsi display

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jblaylock

Reaction score
A little back story.

Last weekend I was in the Pepsi corner in my garage trying to figure out how to better display my Pepsi bottles and go withs. Like most people, I have too many bottles and not enough display room. Right next to my cramped bottle shelf is a 75gal aquarium with stand and hood. I thought....an aquarium is basically a display case for fish, why not bottles...so the project started. I made 'steps' with wood and Pepsi crates. I originally wanted to display my older embossed bottles, but since each one is unique and different, it would take up the entire setup to showcase them properly. I decided to do like a 'evolution of Pepsi bottles' display that showed the styles/sizes over the years.. Starting with paper labels I would stairstep my way to the no return bottles. That leads me to yesterday.

I needed a few common bottles to help complete the display, a 16oz & 12oz swirl/bookend bottle from the 70s/80s. I went to a junk store that I've seen them at before. I've had good luck here picking up some double-dot pepsi & fountain syrup bottles, and a Barney & alley MD bottle.

Here's what I had to work with. I really wish I knew more about ACLs in general, there could be some gems here. Those KY Pepsi bottles are a dime a dozen here in KY. I hear there is a valuable Prototype version, anybody know how to identify that?
IMG_20120818_145110_238.jpg

I dug through and got the bottles I needed. I moved over to this pile.
IMG_20120818_145101_138.jpg

As I was digging, my heart skipped....
IMG_20120819_133940_168.jpg

and then.....heartbreak.
IMG_20120819_133948_467.jpg

I bought the bottle anyways..hey, for a buck it doesn't matter what shape it's in. In the end, my bottle display looks great (and even lights up). Now my embossed bottles have the top shelf to themselves. I still have to cap a few bottles and I'm still trying to expand my NRND bottles, but I'm happy with how it came out for now.

Aquarium display:
Pepsi+Display+2.jpg

Pepsi+Display+3.jpg

Pepsi+Display+5.jpg

Left Side:
Pepsi+Display+1.jpg

Total Package:
Pepsi+Display+4.jpg

epackage

Reaction score
Interesting display Jay, thanks for the pics..[;)]

jblaylock

Reaction score
Thanks, I also saw a few interesting local bottles. Does anybody know anything about "Kentucky Orange" soda. It's an ACL with a green circle and says "It's a Knockout" at the bottom.

Eric

Reaction score
That does make a nice display.. keeping other hands off and bottles safe...

jblaylock

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Eric

That does make a nice display.. keeping other hands off and bottles safe...

Thanks, It does work well. It was really born out of the need of additional space, but I'm happy with it. I'm not 100% set on what to put in the middle. I would like something to do with Pepsi bottles in there, but not sure what.

jblaylock

Reaction score
I like the Pepsi fish!

Thanks for the responses everybody! I just aquired this bottle to help with my NRND collection. It's kinda odd, it's a 7oz no return bottle, with California redemption value. Any west coasters have info on this?

CA+Redemption+1.jpg

CA+Redemption+2.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75