Just creepy

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bostaurus

Reaction score
Creepy and probably illegal to ship to the States...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SMALL-Viper-Green-Snake-Taxidermy-Rice-Wine-Viet-Nam-SW2-/200684203953?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb9b5efb1

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Mmmmmm.. "Snake-n-sake" ..it's what's for dinner! [:D]

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Melinda,

Does this mean you'd not be interested in the Baby Mouse Wine? [8D]
preview.jpg

You better avoid the snake market in Chinese cities. It is old Chinese Medicine:

"Snakes and their tissue portions have long been considered by followers of Traditional Chinese medicine to be invaluable for the promotion of vitality and health. The drink was first recorded to be used in China during the Western Zhou dynasty (771 BC) and the medicinal use of snakes was noted in the medical manual Shen nong ben cao jing (神农本è‰ç») compiled between 300 B.C. and 200 A.D.[2] The detailed use of various snake species, their body parts, and various preparations were greatly elaborated in the medical manual Bencao Gangmu (本è‰ç¶±ç›®) of Li Shizhen in the Ming dynasty.[3]
Snake wine can be found in many areas of Vietnam, Southeast Asia and Southern China..." From wiki-snakeWine.

I've actually had a slurp from a small cup, way back in the day. Cobra in a Bottle, though not my wine of choice, is highly touted in Nam and Southern China. Think Snake Oil...

snake-wine-08.jpg

WonGan

Reaction score
Them guys will eat or drink anything!From powdered Rhino horn,Bear gall poison, even that fish that if you prepare it wrong,will kill you.They pay big bucks for a lot of this stuff too.I think if it wasnt for Karma Sutra they would all be dead already.[:D]

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Tim,

No offense, man, but that was one of the most ignorant statements, I've seen lately.

I'm sure you meant to be funny, but you're talking outta yer hat. The mixing of cultural malaprops, in this day, is pretty stunning.

Fugu13a-02-pequena.jpg

surfaceone

Reaction score
Now, that is Just Wrong!

I'm reminded of the Pulitzer Photo of General Nguyen Ngoc Loan, in what I'd like to do to that seller.

3193624131_b6ae77b749.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnymanty