Just recently Unearthed.......

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Borderlord

Reaction score
Have just recently unearthed these bottles at a local farm.............

Attachments

• Bottle.jpg
    Bottle.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 102
  • bottle 1.jpg
    bottle 1.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 101
  • bottle2.jpg
    bottle2.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 99

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That Castrol bottle is very cool! The ACL is in fantastic shape, it's not easy to find them looking that good anymore. That Ross's bottle is interesting too, I'm very familiar with their ginger ale bottles but I've never seen a lime cordial-style bottle from them.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Hi Borderland Lord,

You have to love the old farm found bots. I'm going to guess the last two med bottles were from a home apothecary set. They were very popular before WWII and had a vile(s) with paper labels or stamped corks, to help with any ailment. I'm sure you'll find a whole lot of interesting bottles, etc. on any farm site. I believe south of the border the ones abandoned from the Great Famine are protected. Not sure of the northern side. Always get permission. ..Ever walk Hadrian's Wall? Welcome aboard our online community Irishman!:)

Borderlord

Reaction score
That Castrol bottle is very cool! The ACL is in fantastic shape, it's not easy to find them looking that good anymore. That Ross's bottle is interesting too, I'm very familiar with their ginger ale bottles but I've never seen a lime cordial-style bottle from them.
Thank you..............
Hi Borderland Lord,

You have to love the old farm found bots. I'm going to guess the last two med bottles were from a home apothecary set. They were very popular before WWII and had a vile(s) with paper labels or stamped corks, to help with any ailment. I'm sure you'll find a whole lot of interesting bottles, etc. on any farm site. I believe south of the border the ones abandoned from the Great Famine are protected. Not sure of the northern side. Always get permission. ..Ever walk Hadrian's Wall? Welcome aboard our online community Irishman!:)
Thanks Len,
The last two bottles in the picture were found behind my home after the fields there were ploughed for new crop.
I have found quite a few of them, mostly intact too. Probable reason they survived the plough is because of their size, they vary from 3 1/2 inches to 4 1/2 inches. From what I can gather they contained Cod Liver Oil. The one in the picture is still half full. My home is an 1876 converted farm dwelling and I am surrounded by farmland so I don't have to wander too far to find bottles.

Never been to Hadrians Wall, but sure it's in England.....:)

Found a few of these too.....we call them Crockery bottles...Irish Stout bottles...Stoneware bottles I think might be right....the town of Strabane is my birthplace...it's about 3 miles from where I live.

Slán go fóill......

Attachments

• Strabane bottle.jpg
    Strabane bottle.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 56

UnderMiner

Reaction score
Wow! Love the Castrol motor oil bottle and the stoneware bottle! What year do you think the stone bottle is from? Did you dig that one as well or was it in an old building?

Borderlord

Reaction score
The Stoneware bottle is probably towards the end of the 1800's.
I found it along with a few others in a deserted farm building not too far from my home.
Will post the pics of the others when I can.....
Thanks
Borderlord........

Borderlord

Reaction score
Dug this one out of the base of a tree yesterday!!!
It took a while but I finally got it out intact..........

Attachments

• Bottle1.jpg
    Bottle1.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 56
  • bottle2.jpg
    bottle2.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 56
  • bottle4.jpg
    bottle4.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 55

Members online

Latest threads