Just Though You All Should Know

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

morbious_fod

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: pyshodoodle

I thought this was going to be about people throwing fish around. Does PETA boycott baseball/football, etc because the balls are made of leather? Just curious.

I think the real question is: If we're not supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?

That is an interesting question. LOL! I think the problem is that people are so sick of hearing about PETA and their antics, and when they come up with something this stupid they let out a collective sigh and say "It's just those PETA morons again."

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
Alot of organizations that are good often go to radical extremes... PETA, ACLU and ummmm....Democrats and Republicans........[;)]

RedGinger

Reaction score
Really good video. It wouldn't let me watch the whole thing, though[:mad:] I don't know a lot about Leonard Peltier.

glass man

Reaction score
WOW! GREAT SONG GREAT IMAGES. I HAD HEARD ROBBIE ROBERTSON OF THE BAND WAS DOING INDIAN THINGS[HIS MOM WAS OF MOHAWK DESCENT],BUT THIS IS THE 1ST I HEARD! LOVE THE WORDS! RED ROAD ENSEMBLE COOL! JAMIE

RedGinger

Reaction score
I was finally able to watch the whole thing. It is haunting, especially the American Indian footage from 1894. That's incredible. Great message. Thanks AJohn.

capsoda

Reaction score
The Sioux don't talk much about the ghost dance. I have couple of buddies who are Dakota Sioux, Byron and Joe. The were from North Dakota and took me home with them on an annual trip. They tried to get me to dance with them at a gathering on the full moon. I said no way so they commenced to get me loaded with their Dads homemade brew and their dad talked me into it. Said it would be an insult and all. Sooo on the full moon I danced and hooped with the best of them for an hour or so and then everyone took a break and the ladies left. When I ask Joe what was up he said Byron was going to lead us in the Ghost Dance. Could git down with it when I was young but my back and knees don't bent so well anymore. The last time I went I was at the drum and singing.

My nephew said don't be dancing the Ghost Dance, it is not a thing I should do. He is Puyallup. I told him not to be so superstitious but he still gets on to me when I talk about it. Also spent alot of time on the Jicarilla reservation with another good bud. He was always getting into trouble from his grand mother for getting me buzzed on things they smoke and drink. We were always in the sweat hole drinking when we were not hunting or doing what ever. His grand mother would come out and snatch open the flat and yell down "Frankie, is my little white grand son down there". There was hell to pay when he said yes. She would get a water hose and spray us with cold water. She claimed I was too skinny and should not be sweating so much. God bless here, I miss Little Mother something terrible.

capsoda

Reaction score
Yep Lakota. I meant to change that but forgot. I have a little Indian (Creek, Cherokee, and Seminole) in me so I don't think Crazy Horse or Wakan Tonka would mind. But Tasunke Witko probably rolled over in his grave when he saw how you spelled his name. [;)]

I almost did the Dakota thing again. It comes up in the spell check and I hit it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday