Kentucky Squat Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

dollarbill

Reaction score
Hey Chris, LC and the rest of the ABN bottle family. I was wondering ? Are not most short blob top sodas, waters and beers considered Squats. I see them all the time called that. Anyway LC the Felix Fritz blob would fit that description wouldn't you say. There's a L and a Louis Fritz soda from Covington to I believe. Lets see .I believe there's a Louis Weber beer, Adam Bez beer and a Hepping soda or beer from Louisville,Ky . There's always the short pontiled bluelicks waters also J. Brosse from Maysville. Oh I know Crown Bottling from Cin, O. I think there's one of those from the Ky side of the river to. There are a bunch of Sodas,Waters and Beers from Lexington too I believe. Here is a picture of a Felix Fritz and a Crown Bottling works and some plains I dug a few years back. Bill

Attachments

• 839730a694f14abfa0dc6005a3ff1fd8.jpg
    839730a694f14abfa0dc6005a3ff1fd8.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 55

LC

Reaction score
The Fritz you show is what I would call a squat Bill , but The round bottom I have would not be considered so unless I have misunderstood what you asked . The round bottom would be called a blob top I would say .

LC

Reaction score
The Fritz you show is what I would call a squat Bill , but The round bottom I have would not be considered so unless I have misunderstood what you asked . The round bottom would be called a blob top I would say .

dollarbill

Reaction score
Is your Fritz Blob top a long bottle LC.( Can we see a Pic.) What about the Rinninsland in the picture beside the Fritz what would you call it. Bill

LC

Reaction score
dollarbill said:
Is your Fritz Blob top a long bottle LC.( Can we see a Pic.) What about the Rinninsland in the picture beside the Fritz what would you call it. Bill
Here s a pic of the round bottom Bill , sorry it is such a poor picture . The length of the bottle is nine and a half inches . Like I said though , it is not a squat but a round bottom . I am told the round bottom Fritz is a bit rare whether it is or not I do not know for sure . I have had quite a few people interested in it over the years .I have heard different names of bottles over the year , squats , ponies , and so on , what the proper calling for the Rinninsland is I can't say for sure . I have one of those myself .

Attachments

• 068912aa4b8340af8bddbf711c46e4cb.jpg
    068912aa4b8340af8bddbf711c46e4cb.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 75

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4