Kermott 1850's

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

diveanddig

Reaction score
Hi I will try and get a picture attached to this one. I believe it is going to show up much darker than the bottle actually is. I again can email more accurate pictures if anyone wants some. I am looking forward to hearing more about this bottle. Also, feel free to give an opinion on the following. Should I sell it to a private dealer or give it to a museum? What is your opinion?

Ca80293.gif

Attachments

• Ca80293.gif
    Ca80293.gif
    71.5 KB · Views: 69

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum diveanddig !
Can you show us a pic of the bottom of the bottle ??? Does it have a pontil ?
And what does all the embossing on the bottle say . And is your bottle Green or Aqua ???

diveanddig

Reaction score
Hi Brian:
I tried to add pictures and I couldn't get them to work. I emailed you some pictures to the email address at your website. I will email anyone some pictures if they like.
The bottle says LONDON C.W. on the front. On the side it says
KERMOTT & Co. I have been told it is a rare bottle. I have been told this by two Canada West collectors in Ontario Canada. This bottle has some interesting history behind it. I am trying to learn more before I put it up for sale.
The neat part is that the bottle was most likely manufactured in upstate New York or upstate Ohio and shipped to Canada according to one collector. Most bottles of this era of Canada West (pre confederation - 1867) were made in the U. S. of A.
Anyways any info you have I appreciate.
Thanks Jeff.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75