KILLA JUG I FOUND

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

portland med. man

Reaction score
here`s a killa jug i found in this fat virgin dump behind this 1820`s cape found this on the second dig and the dump is full of metal and bottles look foward to next spring hope to find some killa pontils .....first dig on this dump i spent 6 hours bustin threw the rusted bottom edge of the dump that way i was sure to be at the bottom...

Db84275.jpg

Attachments

• Db84275.jpg
    Db84275.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 82

portland med. man

Reaction score
here`s what she looks like at the base of the dump just full of metal clam shells and coal ash and of coarse bottles and other artifacts.....

Ay74839.jpg

Attachments

• Ay74839.jpg
    Ay74839.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 99

portland med. man

Reaction score
some of the first finds were that bangor stoneware company broken in like five pieces from the gradual settling of the dump over the years the jug you see from boston and these bottles and locks.....

Bz78028.jpg

Attachments

• Bz78028.jpg
    Bz78028.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 69

pabottles

Reaction score
OMG! Cabin fever is killing me with this stuff.Can't wait to go to the ol' Glen Rock dump and do a little exploring!
Won't be long now,hopefully.You keep posting pics like this and I'll have to break out the tunnel bar and hack through the frozen dirt!My wife and I are going to the Baltimore bottle show tommorow.That's just going to make it even more of an imperative to go diggin:)

lacolobiger

Reaction score
I would like to see the lock on the far right bottom, if I could please? Does it have any writing on it I dug one similar to it but the chain was crumpled up on the keyhole door, so my partner beats it off with a shovel!!!!! Mine says santafe route on the top hasp on one side. cool finds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whosyerdaddy

Reaction score
John, Agreat lookin hole. Just be careful friend them ash dumps will get ya if u ain't watching. me and diggin partner was in one once on the side of a hill he had a hole started under a big bush. figured that might b purty safe. wrong!!! that bush popped loose and about 15 tons of dirt slide down the hill on us we was lucky it only covered us bout our waists we took some dandy bottles and jugs out though got to get back there sometime we picked up 1890's embossed druggists on the ground fore we ever started digging

whosyerdaddy

Reaction score
John, whats embossed on that little clear druggist in the front?? whosyerdaddy!!!!

portland med. man

Reaction score
the lock on the right side says b&m r.r and i assuming it stands for b&m baked beans rail road, the dump im diggin is within 20 miles of the bean factory..... i cant remember what the little druggist says but was a local portland druggist. hope to find many more bottles there... 2 locks and identity badge , and that AAA badge keep em coming , i found another once AAA maine and smold it for forty bucks now i wish i hadn`t... here`s another pic of that juggie in the hole.....

Jh15070.jpg

Attachments

• Jh15070.jpg
    Jh15070.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 82

kastoo

Reaction score
hooo wee that's some nice colored and unique shaped stuff...I'm jealous. WTG!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem