Kirker's Whiskey Torpedo Bottles?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BigFishLarry

Reaction score
Hello all! I am a fisherman in New England and while fishing a pond I have fished for over 20 years I discovered three torpedo bottles in 3 feet of water beneath the silt. I barely could make out their shape but when I netted them from my kayak I discovered they were "Kirker's" bottles, a whiskey maker from Ireland. They have a shamrock logo, are marked Belfast and are dated 1851. There are round bottom torpedo bottles and I was looking for any information on these? Scarcity, value? These have quite obviously been on the bottom of this lake for over 160 years. I can find nothing online? Any help would be appreciated. Will post pictures this afternoon.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Hi, whiskey wasn't bottled in "torpedo" bottles that I know of. There was a Kirker ginger beer, ginger ale and other flavor things though. 1851 is most likely the "established date and the bottle was made around 1900 give or take 20 years. As for value, tough to say mayve nothing in the US but in the UK or Canada (where it probably came to port) it may be more.

BigFishLarry

Reaction score
Thanks for the help! All I could find was that "Kirker's" made "Shamrock Whiskey" so I assumed thats what was in them but was told it could also have been what is called "bitters"??

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
It may be the same company but the round or pointed bottoms were for carbonated or aerated beverages. Maybe not ALWAYS used for that but they were meant for it.... except the Chianti bottles but that's another can of worms and not applicable here..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday