kist bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bubbas dad

Reaction score
i recently came purchased these bottles and though i would share. i had never heard of the acl in green. this one is 28 ozs. does anyone know if they made the smaller acls in green. the embossed one is suppose to be very hard to find. they are both great bottles.

Ec87292.jpg

Attachments

• Ec87292.jpg
    Ec87292.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 91

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Hey JOHN...I've seen but very few green Kists...You made a very good find there....no idea of value.
I bought a clear one like the small green one yesterday at the Flea for $2.

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
Here in Maine there were four towns that bottled Kist. In the pic there is a clear 7 oz. embossed (the only one with a Maine town embossed on the base I've found), a 7 oz. ACL green, two 12 oz. ACL clears (I like the King Kist) and a 28 oz. ACL green. I haven't seen any but I bet there are 12 oz. green ACLs out there somewhere too.

-Sam

Ay74720.jpg

Attachments

• Ay74720.jpg
    Ay74720.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 113

bubbas dad

Reaction score
hi sam
i've got a king kist also. great looking acl. my 28 oz green acl is from lincoln maine. the green embossed is from dudley mass. your picture answers my question about smaller green acls. do you know if they are rare? thats one i'll have to add to my collection.
thanks, john

madman

Reaction score
wow bd and sam maine! as always very nice!!! love to see your posts mike

acls

Reaction score
Hi John. Those are definitely some nice finds. I have a 7oz green glass KIST from Augusta, Maine. The green glass KIST are definitely much harder to find than the clear glass ones. It took me quite a while to find one. I'm pretty sure most of them come from Maine. Another neat variation is the amber quart Kist bottle. I believe they came from Wisconsin and were used as a "test market" bottle for the short lived chocolate Kist. I'll post a pic when I get a chance.
-Matt

acls

Reaction score
Amber Kist Quart

Bz78176.jpg

Attachments

• Bz78176.jpg
    Bz78176.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 95

Tony14

Reaction score
Wow ill have to keep an eye out for that one. That will be the first bottle I will look for at antique shops now. Thanks for the heads up acl.

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
Hey, Matt -

An amber Kist bottle - that's pretty neat! I had no idea that color was around at all.

My 7 oz. green ACL Kist is from Augusta also. My 28 oz. geen is from Lincoln too, John. The other two Maine towns that bottled Kist were located in Newport and Farmington. I'd say the ratio of clear ACLs to green ones is around ten to one.

Later - Sam

bubbas dad

Reaction score
thanks everyone. i'll have to keep an eye out for the amber one, even though it sounds like a long shot.
acls is that amber a 28 oz?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter