KWIK STIK Glue Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RED Matthews

Reaction score
This is to get some help with more information on a small glue bottle I have had for a long time. This bottle is about 2-15/16 ' high and the base diameter is about 1-3/8†in diameter. The body of the bottle tapers up to the shoulder under a metal cap that has a large flat thumb tab handle. The center top has a raised cone with a push button for the release of the desired amount of glue.

The bottom glass is embossed with “/ KWIK STIK †and “/ PATENT †around a center clearance cone, which could have been for stacking them in a box container.
The top has emb. around the cone with “/ KWIK STIK †and “/ PAT. DEC.21,.15 JUL.15, 19 â€.
There is a line from one side of the bottom cone to the other that can be felt with a sharp point but it doesn't seem to be a crack with depth.

I am just curious – about the common use and also how to get the top off the bottle. There are two pressed in zones of line that must have to fall between two shaped openings, in a ring of glass around the finish.

I will appreciate any information. RED Matthews

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Like this one Red?
kwik.jpg

FROM

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
It looks like a double lug screw on top. Maybe warm water will break it free but it may need acetone or something a little more aggressive than water. I'm lot sure but some experimenting sounds needed.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Thanks, Eric,

I dug one of those many moons ago. It's kinda sick & crusty, I believe. I was taken by the large "tongue" on the cap. Mine is / was not identifiable by me, at the time, stuck in the 'what the heck is this' drawer, and promptly forgotten. Where the heck is that?

Thanks for the walk down recovered memory lane. [8D]

The "Kwik Stick" name was recently trademarked (again?) by these guys:

"On Monday, November 15, 2010, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for KWIK-STIK by MicroBioLogics, Inc, St. Cloud, MN 56301. The USPTO has given the KWIK-STIK trademark serial number of 85176756. The current federal status of this trademark filing is REGISTERED. The correspondent listed for KWIK-STIK is . The KWIK-STIK trademark is filed in the category of Pharmaceutical Products , Chemical Products . The description provided to the USPTO for KWIK-STIK is Preserved microorganism preparations for clinical or industrial laboratory quality control use.
Word Mark: KWIK-STIK
Status/
Status Date: REGISTERED
7/19/2011
Serial Number: 85176756
Filing Date: 11/15/2010
Registration Number: 3996813
Registration Date: 7/19/2011
Goods and Services: Preserved microorganism preparations for clinical or industrial laboratory quality control use
Mark Description: NOT AVAILABLE
Type Of Mark: TradeMark
Published For Opposition Date: 5/3/2011
Last Applicant/Owner: MicroBioLogics, Inc
St. Cloud, MN 56301" From.

I've no idea what "Preserved microorganism preparations" is, or means, but just the sound of it would have to bring a mile to Dr. Kilmer, I think...

140.jpg

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I saw that and thought I could make a connection but wasn't sure so here was my guess. The binding glue or whatever they call it for the use with those microscope slide things.[8|][8|][8|]
Hope that's not too technical.[:D]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973