Lambert Pharmacals Co.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mackle

Reaction score
Digging in the old trash pile I found several bottles. this is a small Listerine bottle, embossed with the word LISTERINE and
LAMBERT PHARMACALS CO. It also has the correct screw-on top with the initials LPC. Any comments?

mackle

Reaction score
Still having trouble with pictures.

452C97C2F50141368477DEACB83857B2.jpg

Attachments

• 452C97C2F50141368477DEACB83857B2.jpg
    452C97C2F50141368477DEACB83857B2.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 77

beendiggin

Reaction score
It isn't too old, maybe from 1940-1950 or so. The thing is, it's probably one of the most common bottles and isn't worth much of anything, other than sentimental value, which is priceless.

It's cool to find the cap being so perfect, that lends a lot to an otherwise common find.

I've left every listerine bottle I've ever dug behind. There are just sooooo many common bottles in every dump...and there's been too many dumps to remember.

At some point digging starts getting very selective or you spend a lot of hours washing and sorting hundreds of 25 cent bottles, only to throw them away eventually. Gotta start somewhere, though.

mackle

Reaction score
Thanks Paul,
I think you hit the nail on the head. I brought home a 5 gallon bucket of bottles that I should have left alone.
First dig.
Thanks,
mackle

beendiggin

Reaction score
When I first started digging, back around 1980, I brought everything home that was old. Broken tops, bases, pottery shards, metal stuff, etc just to study them and learn how they were made, their age, what different lip finishes looked like, company research, etc etc. It really helped me a lot to bring home everything I could so I could study and learn something from it. I still do the same thing now, just the shards have changed.

Headhunter2

Reaction score
I enjoy taking a new "digger" with me to a dump and watch him haul the buckets of commons back home. I can remember the 1st Listerine I found when I was about 10 years old. It was a big deal. My 11 year old son and his buddies are all diggers now. They dont throw back anything but they will eventually. Diggin' is good for the soul.

mackle

Reaction score
I've been back to the bottle pile. Probably 75 percent of the bottles are whiskey, from the 50's or 60's. Some are interesting, but I'm resisting bringing to many home... this bottle dump will keep me busy for a long long time. The only whiskey bottle I did bring home is an Old Quaker with embossed image of a Quaker and some wheat. Beautiful, clean, clear glass, with cap. Don't care about $ value. It's a beautiful bottle.
thanks for all the comments.
mackle

glass man

Reaction score
Cool Mackle..great you are getting started and most all of us started this way..I started in 1974 by going to the local dump and getting all the bottles I could diggers had left behind.I figured with so many there just had to be a good one in the bunch..later I learned..nope,,but the bottles that were common were just as old as the keepers so..hey!!

Somebodies gotta give them love too!I ended up selling 5 gallon buckets full for 10 bucks a bucket to flea market dealers..if I just coulda kept the buckets it woulda be great!![:)]Jamie

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen