Langley's Root and Herb Bitters. 99 union street, Boston

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SeanColvin

Reaction score
I bought this bottle at a yard sale a few months back for one dollar and what a steal that was! It's a DR LANGELEY'S ROOT & HERB BITTERS 99 UNION ST. BOSTON
The bottle is 8 1/2 inches tall which strikes me as odd for I can only find 8 3/4 ones. The 99 is embossed backwards which was common for this particular bottle. The only two similar bottles I found were being sold for 299$ and 200$. Besides hundreds of bubbles and seeds this thing is in absolute pristine condition. If anyone is interested I will Post a few pics, but I haven't taken any yet. Thanks.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Well I would enjoy seeing a pic or two... sounds like you did OK that day! I would say the 1/4 inch discrepancy had to do with the hand finishing of the bottle.. most likely..

GuntherHess

Reaction score
There are a LOT of variations of Langley's Bitters, different sizes, colors, lip styles, some are pontil marked. All these factors can have an influence on value.
The 99 Union address is the later one, here is one I sold with the early 76 Union address...
http://www.antiquemedicines.com/MattsMedicines/1244/1244.htm

It's not uncommon for the sizes of hand finished bottles to vary up to an inch in height.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter