Large bottle (2 1/2' tall) with brass spigot

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

wingsfan

Reaction score
Hi - I had (my dog just broke it) a very large glass bottle. Aprox 2 - 2 1/2 feet tall. It was kinda shaped like a wine bottle with a brass spigot in it. The base had no markings but was about 4 1/2" around. It tapered to the top. As I didn't hurt the dog, I've vowed to try and replace the bottle. I only have the base with spigot left and will try to upload later.

Thanks!

Emiley

Reaction score
I found this bottle on my farm. It says FINEST QUALITY BEVERAGES (on front bottom) GEO RASMUSSEN CO CHICAGO ILL. It's a very light aqua green tall glass bottle. On the base it says 30's. I can't find out ANYTHING about it. Please help!!! it won't let me upload a picture. Says it's too big.

WonGan

Reaction score
Emiley,you can open your picture in "Paint",reduce the vertical and horizontal sizes,to say 10%,and save it to your desktop to be uploaded to ABN.Remember to click the small box at the bottom of the post that says "Embed picture in post" so that you dont just post a link.There are other ways to do this that are also posted on here.Good luck.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hello Melody & Emiley,

Welcome to the Blue Clubhouse.

Pictures are the medium that allows us to understand what you are talking about. If they're too large, you've got to shrink them. SEE DIRECTIONS.

Emiley, perhaps you might want to start a thread of your own, rather than graft your question onto a totally unrelated topic...

waiting-in-line-at-bank-hapoalim.jpg

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Melody, It sounds like a lemonade or orange juice dispenser. Some were very ornate and branded for soda and some were more plain and generic.

WonGan

Reaction score
Where are my manners...Welcome Melody,Im sorry I sidestepped your post.That was rude of me.I think I have seen a bottle like the one you mentioned and I think Cap has hit the nail on the head.Like surfaceone has said,if you could post a picture it sure would be a huge help.Possibly someone here could put you onto a replacement somehow.Good luck.

wingsfan

Reaction score
Here is a picture of what I have left. the base is about 4 3/4 inchs across

https://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll222/wingsfan2/small2.jpg

capsoda

Reaction score
That is a juice dispenser. I have dug up several broken ones in Pensacola. One was green depression glass and was chiped and missing the top and other parts.

wingsfan

Reaction score
Thank you for the information. Now off to find a replacement.
The one that had, I bought from some kid 8 yars ago. He was at a coinstar machine cashing in a few bucks, I seen the bottle and thought, this would be nice to put my loose change in. I asked him if he wanted to sell it he asked how much I wanted to pay. I told him 5 bucks and he took it. He must of wanted the 5 bucks for something. It does come in handy for putting change in but when empty and crazy dog it falls over and breaks.

Thanks again for all your help!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960