Largest Cobalt Lattice w/stopper

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

poisons4me

Reaction score
The different sizes of lattices in cobalt are 12 in all with the smallest being 2 1/4 inches and largest being 11 3/4 inches,i have them all and also the clear and green ones.the only lattice out there worth what the one post said (3-4 thousand ) is the large size with large poison embossed midway,last one sold for 14 thousand,ive held it and it is impressive. the size you were looking at is the 7 1/4 or the 9 1/2 .The 9 1/2 is very scarce and the 7 1/4 is very common as far as lattices go. The 9 incher is worth around 350.00 or aliitle more with stopper (425.00 range),the 7 incher with stopper and mint is around 125.00-150.00 range as lots of them have showed up in last few years. The set i own are all the WT CO bottles and all have the stoppers. Green and clear never had spikey stopper and the one you may have seen on ebay was fake and thus why auction ended early,ther is one size of the 3 sizes of clear lattices with a stopper that is ground but paddle style not typical spikey stopper. As for damage that depends on how much damage and price,cracks are bad news al around,small pinhead chips do knock down value but dont be anal about it the are still very collectable if bought right and display great.Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Sq47769.jpg
    Sq47769.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 82

poisons4me

Reaction score
There is no 13 incher and the 1/2 gallon as called here is just over 9 inches tall and kuhns although a great reference book has numerous arrers,i own all the lattices and there is no other large size other than the 11 1/2-12 inch. They also say there is a green 11 1/2 but noone can verify it. See my picture at top of this page,the largest also does look different in that it has a squarer shoulder than the rest. the 13 inch lattice is the sqaurer shoulder base embossed ushps.not an typical lattice,the moss green one in large size is a reality.

stormysouth

Reaction score
Thank-you everyone for the info. The chip is on the top of the lip and is small. This bottle doesn't have any scratches or cracks.I'm going to offer the lady 75.00. I have some antiques she's interested in. Maybe she'll swap. I don't have any money in the things she wants from me. It will be my first lattice. Thank-you again. I'll post pics when I get it.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28