Left coast pickle....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Potlidboy

Reaction score
botlguy.......nope, same last name, but no relationship...... Man those digging days of the 1960's (I was so young) You could put a shovel in the ground anywhere and score....We thought it would last for ever..... There's still treasure out there, but you've got to work for it now! I still find a good one from time to time.....trouble is "the bar is set pretty high".

Lordbud

Reaction score
That is really beautiful Western glass. Don't think I've ever seen one before.

caldigs

Reaction score
What a great example of a great bottle. Wow.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
ORIGINAL: Potlidboy

Pictured below is a bottle I found nearly 50 years ago.......I remember that time because I had just got my learner's permit to drive.....and I'm old now ( I can still do the math).....anyway I carved this sweetie out of the mud at an early townsite in Northern California....There were two of them laying side by side...I probed the first one to death...yikes.....The second one (this one) came out sparkeling....It's embossed: J. Lusk & Co Oakland, Cal.....The J stands for Josiah......This Western glass is impervious to wear....and sparkles like the day it was made....Nice splash of bubbles & pristine condition. Funny how this hobby stays with you.....imagine that 50 years later & I still have the bottle.....Gotta say this, this hobby has given me years & years of pleasure...Hope you-all can say the same!

16593DD5B1DF4EF2BCACFB989461E2DB.jpg

Really great bottle! Thank's for sharing it and your story here...I have still many of my bottles I've dug....Started digging in the early 70's.

ktbi

Reaction score
Beautiful pickle Mike. Here's one I dug in the 60's in Carson City. Actually, my Grandfather dug it - I was his helper for the day. Found two identical ones that day and still have them both. I agree that it stays with you. I was overseas for most of the 21 years I was in the Navy and have said that I gave up bottle collecting until I got back, but in reality it was always with me. I brought back many bottles from Europe and Asia. Just not at the collecting intensity I'm at now....Ron

5D978E55BDD645FEBEFF723E1DD41CC4.jpg

Attachments

• 5D978E55BDD645FEBEFF723E1DD41CC4.jpg
    5D978E55BDD645FEBEFF723E1DD41CC4.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 79

andy volkerts

Reaction score
[;)] beautiful pickle Mike!! one broken one was dug in Stockton during the I-5 right of way thru town in the early seventies, watched as the pieces came out of the hole and thought what a shame it was broken and unembossed beers were whole, Oh well thats what makes it rare!..Andy

probe buster

Reaction score
Nice! First I've seen of that one. Thanks for sharing it with us, that's the beauty of this forum!

cacarpetbagger

Reaction score
Very nice pickle and quite rare. Why don't you show us your right coast pickle?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigJayKay